Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Random Access Memories
  • Houns

What do you think of it? I’m up to track 4 so far, not lighting any fires, yet.

Brycey
    Free Member

I thought it was next Moday? Is it on their website or something?

itsallgood

Didn’t think it was available yet, or am I mistaken? I do like Get Lucky.

Edit. Got it.

Houns

On iTunes now

itsallgood

Def ‘Meh’ so far..

GregMay
    Free Member

Stupid iTunes…mumble Linux user mumble…

jam-bo

I always find daft punk albums to be slow burners.

tjx79
    Free Member

Read one genuinely terrible review of it, a glowing appraisal of it, and a bunch of ‘mehs’. Almost scared to listen now.

Reckon Jam bo’s onto something there, probably a slow burner (I really hope it’s not awful)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Not heard it yet, going to download when i get home.

I remember some of their previous stuff only came alive when they did performed it live though.

damo2576
    Free Member

Great name though

jekkyl

I’m trying to decide wether it’s absolute tosh or a masterpiece, and what about that big talky track 3, very ambitious.

redsox
    Free Member

listening now, only just into first track, hoping it builds up to something better

edit: finding myself getting bored and skipping, so far, I hate to say that Get Lucky might be the standout track. Now glad I haven’t ordered the vinyl

Houns

I’m really disappointed in it and as above,I’m glad I haven’t pre ordered it

Wozza
    Free Member

So far, I hate to say that Get Lucky might be the standout track.

I’d agree with that. So far I’d say it’s not bad… it’s just boring… which might be worse!

All my opinion of course, I’ll give it another few goes in the hope it’s a grower.

rewski
    Free Member

bit disappointing, especially after watching all the collaborator videos

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da_Yp9BOCaI[/video]

retro83
    Free Member

In short, well produced but boring. Lacks the character of their earlier stuff.

GregMay – Member

try this…
    link

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve got a copy and it’s not bad, very daft punk but I don’t think it’s as good as their previous albums.

acidchunks

The last track was promising until the drums went to sh1t. 🙁

youngrob

Just listened to it, well, got to track 5 and got bored and went back to the James Lavelle mix posted on here a few days ago.

retro83
    Free Member

youngrob – Member

Just listened to it, well, got to track 5 and got bored and went back to the James Lavelle mix posted on here a few days ago.

link?

DezB
    Free Member

https://soundcloud.com/james-lavelle/james-lavelle-presents-living

Got to track 3 on Daft Punk, iPad battery ran out and no desire to check the rest of it really, was ok but there’s far more interesting stuff around.

Brycey
    Free Member

I was seriously underwhelmed on first listen while pottering about the house yesterday, however enjoyed second listen a lot more.

youngrob

Sorry retro, just seen this. Here you go. Enjoy, it really is good.

CountZero

6Music are all over it like a rash; personally, I’m totally meh about it, but disco electronica has never really lit my candles.

Can’t say Daft Punk have ever even come anywhere close to living up to the hype for me.

And as for Get Lucky – jeez, it’s just a very weak 20 second vocal, lame disco beat and cliched format repeated over and over to fill the allocated time slot on Radio 1 – unfortunately Radio 2 seem to be playing it too – heard it described as the perfect pop record – MEH!

JCL
    Free Member

Garbage disco electronica from the group who said electronic music was dead.

ocrider

It’s very Daft Punk, but as someone who loved Homework, liked Disccovery and was indifferent about Human, I’m hoping that the album is the first part of a double offering, the second being called Real Original Music, or summink, because his album has none!

scaredypants

I hate to say that Get Lucky might be the standout track

… and that’s why I’m out 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

Ahem, stumbled across a download of the whole album, so giving it another go…
    Up to track 6 and really can’t be bothered with it anymore. Just seems to be an exercise in how bland can electronic music be.

retro83
    Free Member

youngrob – Member

Sorry retro, just seen this. Here you go. Enjoy, it really is good.

Cheers for that, Rob! Enjoyed that in the car this morning 8)

jamiep
    Free Member

I’m not inpressed either. Much of it sounds like a movie soundtrack album. The slightly better songs sound like bad Scissor Sisters. Get lucky is by far the stand-out

DezB
    Free Member

Ok, so Giorgio Moroder is a legend of electronic music… but to listen to him talking for over 2 minutes.. just doesn’t stand up to repeated listenings!

jekkyl

My name is giovanni gorgio but people just call me gorgio…..

I love this track! There are a few duds on the album but there’s also a few touches of the daft punk brilliance, unfortunately not as many as I would like. Discovery was the pinnacle it seems but they’re only in their 30s so time may bring us some more brilliance.

GregMay
    Free Member

retro83 – Member
    In short, well produced but boring. Lacks the character of their earlier stuff.

GregMay – Member

try this…
    link

Thanks for that, shall have a listen now.

ocrider

It’s just a crock of self-indulgent nostalgia. We know their influences already, there isn’t any reason why they should invite them all into the recording studio to make a Jamiroquai tribute album!

DezB
    Free Member

Talking of their influences:

camo16
    Free Member

It’s playing in the office now… My six-word review: cock to the power of helmet.

codybrennan
    Free Member

The best track on it (IMHO) is the least DP-ish one- “Touch”, featuring Paul Williams. Regardless of the rest of it, this is a great track.

DezB
    Free Member

I deleted the mp3s. It felt good.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Random Access Memories’ is closed to new replies.