Viewing 39 posts - 161 through 199 (of 199 total)
  • Ramsbottom Turbine Ride #2
  • Brycey
    Free Member

I’m very keen, as couldn’t do this one as missus was working.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

possible bits to include next time:

the ridge over by walmersley (sp?) golf course
    pilgrims cross
    shooting range
    cheeky dh on the front of holcombe hill

lots of variations to mix and match with what we’ve already done and maybe including lee and cragg quarry.

I’ve got the GPX file of todays route, if anyone wants it, post your email address.

Lets sort a date out for the next one as I have to get it booked with the mrs before she allocates that weekend to some other bobbins.

PL

XX

Junkyard
    Free Member

Let’s do it again in a few weeks. This time I will have a sitter booked.

i would be up for this but sunday is easier for me
    I can also do a kids ride if you [ HTS] binners and others want to do a flatish kids ride – my son and your have equal face planting skills and no skillz with brakes- there is a nice flattish route at rivvy – park, chippy and lake at the end and probably a pub- but I dont mind route if their is interest.

Harry_the_Spider

My only “sitter” date in the near future is October 1st (sorry Graham). After that it’ll be November for me.

GRAEMEJONES

Ah well, I can wait for the November one, if it’s not the 4,5 and
    6th, that’s another Scotchland trip. 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

pics here folks

johnnywc
    Free Member

It was ‘Bob on’, good riding, good views, tasty ale…..cheers for the local knowledge; until next time.

What a great day. It was 90% new to me, despite living relatively close.

Good to meet a few more STW’ers too, and a massive thanks to Graeme for the cakes, yumm BFO + savoury cake 🙂

konadad
    Free Member

hi papa, please can i have the gpx file. i ride a lot over holcombe way from accrington and interested in your route

cheers

email in profile

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

If the next one is on for sat 1st october, then I’m happy to show people round the following route. It’s a fair bit longer than last time so not too much time for hanging about, but pace won’t be mental.

Plan is roughly start at the brewery again

nangreaves
    warmersley golf course
    ‘the ridge’
    over the reservoir to rowley moore road
    MT loop down to waterfoot (or via lee quarry)
    through waterfoot
    ski slope
    haslingden
    peel tower
    technical singletrack all the way back down to the pub

circa 25 miles with 3600ft climb

I’m out of the country all week, so not sure I’ll be able to check this much between now and then but if people are up for it, then we could meet at 10am and leave at 10.30am

nbt

*bumpity bump*

will try to get on this one, mentioned it to a couple of the riders at the pootle yesterday too

GRAEMEJONES

Can’t make this one, sorry Chaps and Ladies, but will be at Newcastleton, Drumlanrig, Mabie that week-end .See you all next time 😉

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

id be up for joining you one day, did a similar ride today.

next wknd is the Coed-y-brenin enduro.

Harry_the_Spider

Just to add some confusion…

A few of us who missed out on the last one because their baby sitters were on the lash in Ibiza are meeting up in the train station car park at 9:45 am. The route will be similar to the last one without all the cheekies/steps etc. Duration about 3 hours.

So, you have a choice. “Group Harry” at 9:45, “Group Papa” at 10:00 or whenever.

See you there.

nbt

what’s the difference in the route, harry?

binners

Blimey! Rival factions! Its getting like the Roman Senate around here 🙂

Why don’t we all do Pappa Lazzes longer one? Looks good

sefton
    Free Member

Yeah can we not do the same bloody route?

lets just do a vote and stick to it!

Harry_the_Spider

A few of us have only got the morning free. I only posted it on here because by coincidence we are all potentially meeting in the same carpark at the same time. Which is bound to cause (even more) confusion.

Shorter route or longer route.

Take your pick.

RustySpanner

Anyone got a version of the original route or the stepless alternative?

Thanks.

Life means we probably won’t be able to make this, but would like to ride the route anyway.

Oh, and Harry, why were you asking about Swaledale in the other thread?
    You off up there yourself?

Harry_the_Spider

Oh, and Harry, why were you asking about Swaledale in the other thread?
    You off up there yourself?

Not this time, I know the couple who manage the YHA hostel in Grinton and was wondering if you were staying there.

I’ll e-mail you a map once we’ve do it.

RustySpanner

No worries.

We’ve managed to book a small cottage very cheaply this time.

We usually stay at the Dales bike centre, but this works out cheaper for three of us (one of the Spannerettes is coming with us).

Harry_the_Spider

The Spannerettes?

RustySpanner

One of Sue’s daughters 🙂

The oldest likes shopping and kittens.

The youngest likes triathlons and ripping the legs of old people.

nbt

Change of plans for us so won’t be able to make this. We’ll arrange something more intimate with you soon, Paps 😉

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Sorry guys, but I can’t guarantee that I’ll make this as I won’t get back in UK until late Fri night. Best to scrap the idea of the longer ride at 10am. I may make the shorter one and I’m happy to lead the longer one next time.

Cheers
    PL

Brownbacks
    Free Member

cheeky post, if any of you lot riding on the 1st fancy helping us on the 2nd we would love to hear from you.

lots of stuff to encourage you (a Buff!,food and drink, draw with STW subs, £50 cash, loads of other stuff) and you help us with our last race for 2011

let us know if you are coming info@brownbackracing.co.uk turn up for 08:50 finished by 13:00 ish and then you can ride the quarry or go to the pub!

Thanks

http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

Harry_the_Spider

The “shorter one” will be about 3 hours/20 miles. We’ve got a route, but due to time constraints we can’t hang about. Nobody will get dropped but we’re not hanging about for 20 minutes waiting for people who “just want to do this bit and will meet you at such a place” etc.

The first half will be similar to the last one but hopefully we’ll get over the turbine fields and onto Rooley Moore Road for a spot of Dambusting, then back through Nangreaves.

sefton
    Free Member

have fun guys, cant make this one – I’ll probably be out & around but first thing!

binners

Right. Best get this out of the way. My bike is ****. So I shall be borrowing my beloved’s Saffire FSR. It isn’t pink, but it is too small for me. Its either that or not ride. Unless anyone wants to lend me a bike!

So could I please request that we get the gay/cross-dressing/girly remarks out of the way fairly quickly.

On a positive note, I rode most of the route on Wednesday night. Its all in good nick up there. Its drying out nicely. Only the uber-cheeky singletrack was (very) boggy indeedy. I’d say seeing as its dry, the rootfest of Bucky Woods is a must

Best bit of the ride. If you don’t ride it you’ll be gayer than me and I’ll be on a girls bike

Harry_the_Spider

Oi Susan!

We have a plan and we’re sticking to it!

Harry_the_Spider

Urgh. I think this ride is cursed.

Binners is on a girl’s bike.

Derekstarship’s car tried to kill him.

My rear mech has stopped moving.

However, nothing is gonna stop us now!

binners

Just single speed it up the rake. You’ll be fine 🙂 see you all shortly

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Was that you lot on the track from Fecit farm at 11-ish?

I was above you, flying my kite 😀

binners

Was it a loud of fat blokes, Wheezing? If so, then yes 🙂

Great run today folks! In absolutely perfect conditions! It doesn’t get much better than that! Thanks all!

Harry_the_Spider

Was that you lot on the track from Fecit farm at 11-ish?

Probably.

What a day!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Still buzzing like a vacuum tube amp’ after this ride. Thanks for the great company on today’s poodle – it was an awesome ride. And a pie and a pint afterwards. Perfect.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Was it a loud of fat blokes, Wheezing?

I was a couple of hundred feet above, so I can’t comment on breathlessness, or fatknackerness. Good day for it, though

binners

It was a perfect day to be up there! The views were amazing yesterday from where we were, they must have been breathtaking from your vantage point!

I think Harry got some pictures of you all

Harry_the_Spider

Write up.

Sun Screen

Viewing 39 posts - 161 through 199 (of 199 total)

The topic ‘Ramsbottom Turbine Ride #2’ is closed to new replies.