Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Raleigh burner 30th anniversary
  • ssbnreso
    Free Member

Cost £500 new, but now listed for 2-3 times that on ebay but then came across this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Burner-Team-Aero-Pro-Burner-35th-Anniversary-Passport-Size-Photographs-/253054964949?hash=item3aeb4054d5:g:rusAAOSwBMVZcKWN

WTAF 🙄

Edit: just noticed the seller name, obviously a mick take by the forum!

jimdubleyou

Ha, that’s awesome. Tempted to buy one!

ssbnreso
    Free Member

Might be time to dig mine out of the loft

pickle
    Free Member

awful things

Bagstard
    Free Member

Seems quite sad to me, greedy twunts!

bigblackshed

I joined the queue at 09:01 on Wednesday morning. I was 9368 in the queue.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Exactly, genuine enthusiasts getting ripped off by touts.

zilog6128

I’m frankly amazed that only 10% have so far gone on eBay! Wonder if any will actually ever get ridden? Maybe Raleigh should have had a qualifier like you have to email a video of you doing a wheelie before you got to buy one!

tthew

One of the blokes at work got one. A very occasional cyclists. Reckons he might ride it for a bit before e-baying it. I doubt it frankly.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Seems quite sad to me, greedy twunts

Absolutely 100% this.

Was guaranteed to happen. I’d love one, and could probably afford the eBay price, but on principle will not let these scumbags make a quick buck at my expense.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Dur. People are awful. Involuntary euthanasia

ssbnreso
    Free Member

Was watching one on ebay with a buy it now price of £900, went unsold, maybe the bubbles burst already.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Why the hell would you buy it? There’s no way I would want to ride one, when there is so much quality new school stuff. My memories of my midnight burner are enough for me.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Why the hell would you buy it?

+1000

onandon
    Free Member

They were pretty pants in their day but nostalgia is a powerful drug for middle aged men.

johnnystorm

I just dont get it. Presumably these are made in china and the old ones were made in the UK?

I could understand wanting an original, or even a modern one in retro colours.

Raleigh are the ones ripping off the enthusiasts charging nearly 400 quid for it in the first place. 😉

kerley
    Free Member

For £600 you could buy a modern race BMX that would be a lot better than any Burner but then guessing not many will be ridden anywhere.

If you want to relive the 80’s at least get a decent BMX like a Robinson, Hutch etc,.

sillyoldman

The Aero Pro was a Japanese built frame. Only the even pisher ones were made in Nottingham.

Everything about this sucks – an awful bike reissued and sold direct to punters rather than through Raleigh’s dealer base. Then to compound the situation, cynical arseholes buy them to make a quick buck from those going through their 2nd mid-life crisis.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Why the hell would you buy it? For the same reason people buy old sports cars. As a child in that era the boutique brands were so far out of reach they weren’t worth thinking about, whereas the pro Burner was something I could drool at in my local shop, still love that colour scheme.

pickle
    Free Member

If you look around you can get an actual original one for less.

tonyja
    Free Member

Tim March has a strong opinion on this too. This greed in the BMX world isn’t pretty.

Couldn't share this post for some reason but here's Tim March's comments on the new Raleigh Bike – what do you think??

Posted by Andy Ruffell on Wednesday, July 19, 2017

johnnystorm

All the other issues aside, I’m not sure what the people who say Raleigh didn’t sell them to the right people expected them to do. Special vetting procedure?

sillyoldman

Sell them to shops?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Raleigh burner 30th anniversary’ is closed to new replies.