Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rain jacket for Road
  • SaxonRider

In the winter, I have relied on my winter jacket to keep the rain off, or at least keep me warm when it got through (a bit like a wet suit). For every other season, however, I am stuck.

Should one of those see-through Castelli ‘rain capes’ over a regular jersey suffice? What do other regular roadies wear?

ojom
    Free Member

POC AVIP Rain Jacket. But I am biased.

andysredmini
    Free Member

In the summer when it’s not cold then just a normal short sleeve jersey. If you go fast enough you won’t be cold. In the winter I wear a castelli perfetto long sleeve jersey and again if you are going fast enough you won’t be cold even when soaked through. Even the best Waterproofs don’t work when you are sweating. They just make you wet from the inside first.

smogmonster

Gore Shakedry 1985 thing….costs a bomb but far more eeffective than anything alse ive used over the years.

butcher

Only ever wear a jacket when it’s raining and use the same one all year round. 98% of the time it’s in my pocket.

Currently a DHB jacket, which is nice enough, but I don’t think it’s beading water as well as it used to, despite being reproofed and only ever washed with gentle products.

Buying a jacket seems a bit of a minefield tbh.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rain jacket for Road’ is closed to new replies.