Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Radness Alert! Frameworks Racing x Cotic Steel DH Bike Collab
  • Ben_Haworth

Cotic has designed a Reynolds 853 front triangle for World Cup DH racer (and excellent YouTube vlogger) Neko Mulally’s Frameworks Racing project. Love to see it!

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Radness Alert!  Frameworks Racing x Cotic Steel DH Bike Collab

pnik

Very cool

RustyNissanPrairie

Steel is real.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I wonder if the manufacturer they were using ever got to the bottom of the cracking issue. Seems like a problem specific to them, unless it’s more widespread throughout the DH teams.

cy

The current aluminium frames the Frameworks guys are running have shown good durability, by using some very long gussets to reinforce the cracking areas. Cracking DH frames is very common. There is a lot of frame swapouts going on through the season.

chrismac

Seems like a problem specific to them, unless it’s more widespread throughout the DH teams.

I suspect many frames are quietly swapped out during the season from many teams. It’s not something they would want to draw attention to if they can avoid it

the00
    Free Member

It’s nice to hear the Neko recognised Cy’s expertise and called on it when he had an idea.
    I wonder why Cy hadn’t tried to make a DH bike before. Will this be a catalyst for Cotic to do something themselves. The Rocket Max is a nice bike, but something with more travel and dual crown compatible would be cool. I’d love it if that some bike could also be used with a dropper seatpost. Something along the lines of a Sprindrift.

reeksy

… I read all of that but still don’t understand why the first photo has the bike in a brewery?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.