Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Radio station with no talking
  • mjsmke

Following the ‘what’s good about your current car’s thread, I thought I’d actually try the radio for the first time, however I cant stand listening to talking on the radio.

What radio stations have the least talking? Ideally no talking at all. Favourite so far is Planet Rock but I keep muting it when the talking starts. I know I could use spotify but that means using mobile data.

pondo

Smooth Chill’s on DAB, I think? Adverts and station announcements, but that’s it.

kayak23

What kind of music do you like though? Sounds like the music doesn’t matter as long as there’s no talking?

‘Smooth Chills?’…. *Shudders at the thought. 😂

chambord
    Free Member

A cd/offline Spotify?

pondo

‘Smooth Chills?’…. *Shudders at the thought.

It was great when it was just Chill – the Smooth element hasn’t improved it, but it’s still pretty good.

YMM, of course, V. 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

Soma.fm

nbt

I know I could use spotify but that means using mobile data.

Don’t know how old your car is but mine has a USB slot that I’ve plugged a 64gb USB key in. Cost me a tenner and has over 3000 tracks on it despite being only about 2/3rds full. If your car has no USB then does your phone have a micro SD slot for a card with music then you can pair / plug that in? That’s how I did it in the last car. I just leave it in shuffle play so I could have e.g. Mozart followed by Slayer followed by Take That followed by Jimmy Radcliffe….

Radio Paradise – they have a World, Rock and Eclectic (I think) section

pyranha

Didnt there used to be some that just broadcast in Morse code? Known as Numbers Stations. No speech on those, generally. No music either perhaps.

mrsheen
    Free Member

I miss Birdsong. 😢

allanoleary
    Free Member

Offline Spotify. Allows you up to 3,333 songs downloaded to listen to even in airplane mode

oikeith

I miss Birdsong

Same, used to find it very relaxing to listen to when in a commuter traffic jam!

Cougar

I tend to channel-hop, mostly between Planet Rock and Absolute Classic Rock (or Absolute CRock as my old radio hilariously displayed).

There’s one on DAB called Union JACK, their shtick is that they only play British music. But there’s no DJs and (I think) no adverts, the only talkie bits they have are short funnies from old comedy shows. It’s not bad.

Radio Paradise

I’ve never heard of that. Is it fairly new, or is it Internet radio rather than broadcast?

boblo
    Free Member

Mozart followed by Slayer followed by Take That followed by Jimmy Radcliffe….

That’s for me! Where do I sign? 🙃

Rio

Was going to suggest Radio Paradise but I see it’s already been done and as it’s internet streamed it fails the data test. Still worth listening to though and is what I generally listen to in my car.

DezB
    Free Member

mine has a USB slot that I’ve plugged a 64gb USB key in.

Same here. Or an Ipod.
    Done with radio. Did sometimes have 6Music in the car, but they went all Elton John on me, so I’m done with them too.

BoardinBob

Atlantic 252

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Radio station with no talking’ is closed to new replies.