Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Raceface NW Constantly Dropping the Chain
  • chestercopperpot
    Free Member

First time using Raceface drivetrain components. I usually use Shimano because for the most part it’s smooth, solid and reliable. Got the heavy (surprisingly heavy for a chainring) cinch steel one! Drops the chain on rough chatter all the time!?!?

All new drivetrain, got the clutch as tight as I dare go and the chain as short as is reasonable for the bikes travel.

Anyone else suffering excessive chain droppage using Raceface NW chain rings or is it just me?

souster4
    Free Member

I have a small chain device on mine so I spose that’s not fair to say. But my brother runs the alloy version with no problems at all.

TheGingerOne

Mine never missed a bit on my hardtail

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I have a small chain device on mine

It’s the first time since going 1x I’ve considered one.

Yak

Yeah, always have a top guide. Even the best n/w drop chains when they wear. For the sake of a few grams/quid it is worth it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Never bothered with a guide, can’t say I’ve seen any difference between the RF/ Absolute Black or SRAM rings I’ve use, all were flawless until they wore out.

Hows the chainline looking on it? Pulling too much to one side?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@mikesmith – The chainline is further outboard than I would like. No choice on this bike 92mm BB. No spacers to play with and I doubt there’s enough thread on that flimsy cinch thing to space it inward!

And yes I’ve got the dish the right way round before someone asks 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Raceface NW Constantly Dropping the Chain’ is closed to new replies.