• This topic has 23 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by ogden.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • R2-bike.com prices, be careful!
  • ogden
    Free Member

Looking at some forks I purchased recently and the price had jumped up 20 euro, stick private browser on and drops back down! Cheeky buggers!

rickmeister

German VAT has changed from 19% down to 16%… could this be it?

ogden
    Free Member

Nah! probably cookie/tracking on the web page knowing I’ve already bought one. No other reason my friend would see a different price or I would on private browser.

kelvin

Which forks?

CraigW
    Free Member

If your browser is set for delivery outside of the EU, it will show prices without VAT.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If your browser is set for delivery outside of the EU, it will show prices without VAT.

Probably this, my work PC goes via a VPN that jumps between Europe, middle east and America, the usual clue is the BBC site stops working if it’s jumped out of the UK, but online shopping sites change the prices too.

ogden
    Free Member

Nope, no vpn or anything either. VAT would be a lot more than 20 euro as well.

chevychase

Amazon’s all over individual pricing…

kelvin

Tell us which fork, and we can have a look.

branes

I think it’s this – it’s a bit odd – headline ‘anon’ price seems to include 3% cut, but as soon as you log in you then have to apply a code ‘taxreturn’ to actually get that price in your basket.

ogden
    Free Member

This is the fork: https://r2-bike.com/ROCK-SHOX-Suspension-Fork-29-LYRIK-Ultimate-Charger-21-RC2-DebonAir-SA-150-mm-BOOST-tapered-red-42-mm-Offset

I see 672,41 € in normal browser and 650 € in private. I have previously purchased this fork for 650 a month ago. My mates looks at it in normal browser and its still 650 €.

simondbarnes

kelvin

kelvin

650,00 in private mode

simondbarnes

If I change shipping country to Germany it is 650

bear-uk
    Free Member

£666.81 for me

simondbarnes

Only 560,34 to Albania 🙂

kelvin

Selecting Germany as my country gives me 650,00

Other countries give other amounts, because of differing VAT rates, and it clearly says what vat rate is applied.

When DE selected: including 16% VAT

When UK selected: including 20% VAT

ta11pau1

650 euros @16% vat
    672.41 euros @20% vat

Had to reload the country to get it to show as 20% vat.

honourablegeorge

Use code TAXRETURN to get 3% off, that should sort it out for you

ogden
    Free Member

Wonder why it let me buy it for 650 last time?

kelvin

German VAT has changed… and they’ve kept German prices much the same and the prices for other countries are calculated from that, I suspect.

scandal42
    Free Member

I was going through this last night as the price on the 2020 forks are excellent on there.

Picked up a Pike Ultimate for £570 When using the code.

ogden
    Free Member

I was going through this last night as the price on the 2020 forks are excellent on there.

Picked up a Pike Ultimate for £570 When using the code.

Yeah I’m just waiting for the black Lyrik Ultimate with 51 offset to come back into stock.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘R2-bike.com prices, be careful!’ is closed to new replies.