Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Quiet pub in Southwark?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

As above really. Need to do a bit of work with a colleague so need tables and quietness.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

No idea,… but the Southwark Tavern looks nice and gets good reviews,…that might mean it’s busy though?

linky drinky

jambalaya
    Free Member

Depends what time of day as to whether pubs are quiet

The one by the Golden Hind on the river can be quiet – depends on what time of day – bit formulaic

Wine Bar – Le Cave opposite London Bridge Station down steps to cathedral, good tables for working at

Hope and Anchor (great food) usually busy but worth seeking out sometime – on The Cut between Waterloo and Southwark tube

There are one or two pubs in backstreets near Hope and Anchor which are generally quiet (Kings Arms is one I see on google)

molgrips
    Free Member

Evening, 7-9 ish.

riiich
    Free Member

The Southwark tavern can get quite busy, but depending where you are exactly, there’s the horniman near London bridge – usually have plenty of tables free. Or more of an intimate local type place is The Lord Clyde but might be a bit out the way. Rose & Crown on the same road as the Clyde is usually quiet too, but possibly a bit studenty if going for business.

Plenty along the cut where jambalaya suggests, but think they would be fairly busy. Bound to find somewhere there might just have to look a bit.

russianbob
    Free Member

WHite Hart is the other one that jambalaya suggests in the back streets. Does get fairly busy though as it’s a decent pub near Waterloo. The Ring always looks quite quiet whenever I go past, but never been in. To be honest on a week night they all get fairly busy round there. You might be better off with Leon at the Blue Fin Building.

CountZero

The Market Porter, in Stoney Street, close to Borough Market, has a nice little quiet area out the back, where you could sit with a pint and your laptop.
    Has decent beer, too.

boblo
    Free Member

You claiming for it? 🙂

hh45
    Free Member

The Market Porter is always rammed but inside may actually be a bit quieter. not sure if it has wifi or if that matters.

Southwark Tavern would be my first choice. Trouble most are v busy at that time of day. we have most of our meetings in Le Pain Quotidien in Winchester Walk by Cathedral and Borough Market. Its open til 10 pm and sells wine and beer. Lots of space. and when you are done talking work you can go to the Rake opposite and drink some super US craft and Belgian beers.

molgrips
    Free Member

I saw Leon, that looks like an interesting place to eat.

In the end we went to Tortilla then the White Hart because it’d quietened down. It wasn’t that nice, but it was quiet and had tables 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Quiet pub in Southwark?’ is closed to new replies.