Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • quarq power meter question
  • MSP

I need a new crankest for my hardtail. I fancy a quarq power meter but can’t qafford the whole amount just now, so thought I might just get the cranks now, and the power spider in a few months time. But it isn’t clear to me if I can fit a chainring on the quarq crankest without the power spider.

I have seen road bikes with quarq cranks without the power meter spider, but not mountain bikes so am unsure if the standard sram direct mount ring works (just using less screws) or if an alternative non power chainring exists,

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m not sure that you can do that with the Quarq but you can do it with the Power 2 Max power meters. They just bolt on in place of the normal spider on SRAM cranksets.

iain65
    Free Member

Standard SRAM cranks are a 3 bolt fixing to a direct mount chainring, the quarq PM uses a 12 bolt (I think) fixing, I’ve never seen a chain ring only solution available for quarq cranks.

Worth saving for as they are the best, I have more than I should of them.. Oldest is about 5 years and never had a bit of bother from any of them, completely consistent all the time, unlike any other I have used.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘quarq power meter question’ is closed to new replies.