Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Quantocks pics from yesterday and road condition question
  • oxym0r0n

Rode up the road and up to Will's Neck yesterday – it was surprisingly rideable:

Thinking of heading out tomorrow – does anyone know if the road from Crowcombe to Over Stowey is passable in a 2wd?

Pics from yesterday…

Comments?

sharki
    Free Member

So was that your tyre marks i saw heading from Beacon hill partially towards longstone?

They seemed to stop suddenly and i couldn't work out were the rider and bike went…back down to Bicknoller post i think..

Not sure what the road is like over there..it's in the shade so i expect a little slippery given the steepness.

Is that at sunset? i was down at the post at around 4pm..

oxym0r0n

Sharki – I didn't make it as far as Beacon hill – the pic is of the trig on top of Will's Neck (ahem). Was hoping to head that way tomorrow, but not sure where to park as of yet…

charlierevell
    Free Member

Arrrghhh I SOOO DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THE SINGLE SPEED OUT IN THE SNOW!
    Really need a day of doing nothing but want to play!

sharki
    Free Member

The main ridge is ok as the farmers have firmed tyre ruts into it. as for the rest….

See this..

Bottom of lady's

part way up

top of lady's

the post

A little bit of drift

It'll be dark in a bit and i don't know how log it'll take me to get down..

Trying to get to the dog pound..enter the trees and it's just matter of staying in the tyre ruts from a 4×4.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Your an Asss!

sharki
    Free Member

Has that helped your trying to doing nothing tomorrow plan?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Made me want to play!

Dibbs
    Free Member

I haven't attempted Crowcombe yet this week, I've been driving to Hinkley via Taunton – Bridgwater or via Williton.

oxym0r0n

Thanks for the info Dibbs…

Great pics Sharki – love the sunset one – looks a bit later in the day that mine (I think I left the top a bit before 4)

Meeting a couple of people at DWD at 10:00 this morning for a spin (probably park at Crowcombe if the road is not passable) if anyone was thinking of doing nothing all day! 😀

sharki
    Free Member

I'm doing nothing all day, well might chuck the kids down a snowy field over and over again..

oxym0r0n

Sorry – got a bit caught up in Crowcombe helping a local dig his BMW out of the snow – pics of ride to follow…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks pics from yesterday and road condition question’ is closed to new replies.