Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • quantock experts needed!! black ball/bircham wood/combe descent? is there one
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

so our ride leader with knowledge is ill so I’m making a tox route for tomorrow and need some advice,
    route goes as follows

from bicknoller village
    up bicknoller
    down stert-somerton to
    holford
    climb up then across ladys wood to bincombe descent
    back out on road to nice trail through swinage wood (dont know name its in jambo/sharki vid)
    back out and then was thinking (if there is a trail) blackball wood to ladys edge climb then down weacombe and road back to bicknoller…

so is there a trail there?

Dibbs
    Free Member

If you cross the little stream at the bottom of Weacombe, by the cottages, there’s a bridleway that takes you back to Bicknoller (better than the road).
    Slaughterhouse Combe will take you from Blackball Hill back down to the bottom of Lady’s Edge, it’s one of my favorites but doesn’t get used as much as some of the others and should be fun at the moment with the freshly fallen leaves hiding any trail obstacles.

jam-bo

Do you mean concrete block for the one after bincombe?

I’d do that to the bottom of frog combe, straight up what I think some call horizon?

And then there’s a fun open trail down higher hare knap that’ll take you to the bottom of lady’s edge. That’s in our vid too.

jam-bo

Bear in mind I haven’t actually ridden the quantocks in about five years…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘quantock experts needed!! black ball/bircham wood/combe descent? is there one’ is closed to new replies.