Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Q for owners of tiny Lezyne pumps….
  • sing1etrack

I’ve just bought a Lezyne pocket drive HV pump (this one), hoping to stash it away in the steerer tube, but it’s slightly too wide…. does anybody have the non-HV version (this one) and know if it fits inside a tapered steerer, or could tell me what the diameter is? It looks narrower on the pics but it hard to tell for sure…..

Thanks

dirtyrider
    Free Member

27.2mm at its widest point

sing1etrack

27.2mm at its widest point

Thanks, that’s really useful, though confirms it won’t fit which is a shame 🙁

Speeder

Doesn’t someone do a specific steerer mounted pump?

sing1etrack

Doesn’t someone do a specific steerer mounted pump?

Yeh, OneUp do one but I was trying to save a few quid while also having a pump that could easily be moved to a bag or frame of another bike. I’d seen a thread on here about the Lezyne pumps fitting but that might have been with a 1.5″ straight steerer. It looks like the pump’s going on the bottle cage and I might try to find a way to stash a few small odds and sods in the steerer instead.

appltn

I keep mine in the steerer of a Fox 36 along with a little dynaplug kit. Works a treat although I’ve since wrapped it in just the right amount of electrical tape so it doesn’t rattle around.

whatgoesup

I’m about to get one – either a std Pocket Drive or the HV version which looks to be the same overall length just a larger diameter.

Question: is the Pocket Drive reasonably useable for MTB tyres, or would the HV be worth the slight extra size? I’d also have a CO2 canister or two for most rides so the pump is really for top-ups or emergency use when CO2 has been exhausted.

appltn

I’m happy with the pocket drive because it fits in the steerer but it does take some pumping to fill a 29″ tyre – totally doable, it’ll just take you longer. I’d probably buy the HV or the OneUp if I didn’t want it to fit in a tight space.

sing1etrack

I keep mine in the steerer of a Fox 36

Hmm, I’m trying to fit it in a 36 too. Having experimented this afternoon i reckon I’ve only got 22mm ID on the 36s and maybe 23mm on a set of yaris, so if the pump is 27.2mm OD I’ve no idea how anyone gets it to fit!

@appltn- any chance of measuring the diameter of your pump?

sing1etrack

Question: is the Pocket Drive reasonably useable for MTB tyres, or would the HV be worth the slight extra size?

If you’re not trying to bung it up a steerer I’d probably get the HV for the sake of a few mm extra diameter, though the non-HV seems to be fine from what I’ve read so long as it’s just for occasional trailside use

appltn

Yep, happy to. I’ll get back to you later on this evening with a measurement.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

i reckon I’ve only got 22mm ID so if the pump is 27.2mm OD I’ve no idea how anyone gets it to fit!

Vaseline has been used for this purpose for years I gather.

sing1etrack

Vaseline has been used for this purpose for years I gather.

It was only a matter of time until a thread about shoving tubes into tight holes began to veer off course!

whatgoesup

Thanks for comments – HV version ordered.

appltn

@sing1etrack

I just measured it at 22mm diameter.

sing1etrack

I just measured it at 22mm diameter

Awesome, thanks, I’ll get one ordered!

(I thought there must’ve been a rabbit away with the 27.2 dim)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.