• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by P7Pro.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Pyrenees, Alps, Slovenia – XC cycle holidays
  • danboy

Do any members have recommendations for companies offering cross country style mountain biking holidays in the Pyrenees, Alps or elsewhere in Europe like Slovenia?

Ideally place to place format, but not essential. I’m an experienced cross country rider used Exmoor, Lakes etc.

Maybe wrongly, I’m not sure I’m quite up to full on Enduro standard cycling.

Much of what I find seems pretty hard core. I’m fit and experienced, just don’t do bike parks, preferring natural trails. Probably something to do with age ! Cycled Morzine to Chamonix off road years ago so hopefully my ability is not lacking.

Any recommendations gratefully received. I’d need to fit in with a group.

Thanks

blokeuptheroad

Sorry can’t help, but you might get a bit more traction in Bikes or Chat?  This bit is tumbleweed alley.

mick_r

Bike Village accommodated us as an xc family of four,  and we had one or two others joining our group during a week of “pedally enduro nadgery trails on inappropriately xc bikes”. Sounded like they’d have also been very happy with us on one of their point to point Alp packer weeks. Sounded like it was much easier for them to cater for fit people that can ride some tech Vs gnarly rad dudes that are a knackered liability after half a day without uplift 😀. We’ve used a lot of guides over the years and I’d say they were the most professional of the lot.

Ciclo Montana similar on a number of occasions over the years.

Czech MTB holidays was good but mostly very flowy trail centre stuff.

P7Pro

Holomites in the Italian Dolomites were very good. A point to point trip starting in Alta Badia staying at mountain huts. The trip that we did seems to be gravel now, but they’re really flexible and I’m sure will accommodate whatever you need

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.