Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • putting stuff in your petrol tank
  • doris5000

coming home late the other night, there was a bloke outside my house emptying the contents of a mineral water bottle into the petrol tank of a 2006 Passat. When he was done he shook the drops out of the bottle, put the cap back on and lobbed it into the back seat before sauntering off.

What was he up to? Presumably it wasn’t petrol, since a pint wouldn’t make much odds and an Evian bottle on the back seat probably isn’t the best way to store it, and i’m guessing he wasn’t messing with someone else’s car since he had the door open too.

Cougar

Adblue?

scotroutes

Could be petrol stabiliser. I put some in my motorbike before storing it over winter.

endoverend

That was a bottle of Nitromethane and he’s off to challenge the kids hanging outside Morrisons carpark to a quatermile between the lights drag race in the ‘Q’ car Passat…..

zilog6128

Adblue?

not for a car as old as that, I’d have thought?

Poopscoop

Don’t overestimate some people’s minds.
    I’d guess it was just good old petrol.

Why only in a small Evian bottle? Dunno…perhaps Brexit?

submarined
    Free Member

I frequently get odd looks putting an old Coke bottle full of bright red 2 stroke oil into my rotary 😀

toby

Perhaps bought / borrowed / stole from the jerry can at work a small bottle full, filled his lawnmower and put the rest in the car to save it going stale?

matt_outandabout

Diesel? In which case he is saving his chip fat…

maccruiskeen

it was Tiger Piss

chewkw
    Free Member

Diesel? In which case he is saving his chip fat…

Probably this 👆

I have been adding 2T oil into my Corolla petrol tank for nearly 10 years now and the engine is as smooth as ever.

submarined
    Free Member

I have been adding 2T oil into my Corolla petrol tank for nearly 10 years now and the engine is as smooth as ever

Lulz! Why?! What exactly do you think it will do? All you’re doing is cocking up your emissions and probably gumming up your cat.
    You realise that all the bits that need to be lubricated are, by that big reservoir of oil that sits under your crank?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Could be petrol stabiliser.

How the hell would I know? 🤷

scotroutes

LOL

junglistjut
    Free Member

Could be an injector cleaner

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

I’m gonna go with seafoam from a bulk container.

maccruiskeen

We shouldn’t discount the possibility it was Mink Oil

qwerty
    Free Member

Snake oil?

CountZero

Adblue?

Doesn’t go into the fuel tank, it goes into a separate reservoir in the boot.

submarined
    Free Member

Doesn’t go into the fuel tank, it goes into a separate reservoir in the boot.

On some cars (my experience of this is limited to the current gen C Class) the AdBlue filler is next to the fuel filler.

maccruiskeen

You don’t put the adblue anywhere in a 2006 car.

could it have been Fairy Dust?

coconut
    Free Member

Definitely Tiger Piss….

maccruiskeen

It’s Grrrrrrrreat!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘putting stuff in your petrol tank’ is closed to new replies.