Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pure Racing I900 Adjustable Post Problems
  • Moda
    Free Member

Have owned one now for about 3 months on my second bike not used much the red collar comes undone of its own accord and the post moves from side to side i would say at least 5mm now… Owned one previous the reincarnated Joplin and that side to side movement is far less. Anyone else or just my usual bad luck 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

I just got mine, not really used it yet, and it moves side to side a tiny bit – probably only about 1-2mm though and much less than my mate’s gravity dropper. Must admit I was a little dissapointed it moved at all after the reviews I read.

Have you tried stripping and regreasing and tightening everything up?

matt_outandabout

*pulls up chair*

sillyoldman

*pulls up bench so we can all watch*

Moda
    Free Member

Yep just serviced as per the manual spotting the deliberate mistakes on the way. 😉

You cant access those parts so i suspect theres been a failure somewhere as when new it would not move from side to side. As i said its hardly been used possibly 10 rides at most. There was no grit or foreign debris in there as far as i could see… I spoke to them about the red collar loosening and they just said add a bit of loctite 🙄 but the side to side movement i cant put up with and will request a swap or refund…

AlasdairMc

tea?

Moda
    Free Member

Green with lemon if your making 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

perhaps you could try an alternative collar?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pure Racing I900 Adjustable Post Problems’ is closed to new replies.