Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Pulled the Plug – Left Virgin Media
  • SuperScale20
    Free Member

I went from Bt Broadband £35.99 to Vodafone £23.00 per month and getting better signal although still early days (3 weeks).

johndoh
    Free Member

It’ll be the old phone line.

I thought so and that will be a faff as the phone line comes in on the opposite side of the house to where the fibre comes in (which is in the perfect place for how we currently have our room laid out) and is disconnected.

JackHammer

Already had Vodafone **** up my installation. Took a day off work to wait in for the engineer, whom never arrived.

irc

will be a faff as the phone line comes in on the opposite side of the house to where the fibre comes in

As part of my installation the Vodaphone engineer (arrived 10m early) ran a phone line from the old BT socket (in a cuboard) under the floor to the far side of the living room where the TV sits. Involved him going into a fairly tight crawl space under the floor. So, if running a cable under the floor is feasible they should do it as part of the installation.

He plugged everything in and left me the cable to run from the TV to the router. The only thing I needed to do for the broadband was change the passwords on laptops/phones etc and connect the TV to the router.

johndoh
    Free Member

So, if running a cable under the floor is feasible they should do it as part of the installation.

Unfortunately not – we have a Karndean floor in one part (so glued down on a very solid ply base pinned at 100mm centres to the floorboards under) and the rest is on those awful tongue and groove chipboard panels that have to be ripped up and never fix again without being squeaky. The only option would be to run it outside of the house.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Pulled the Plug – Left Virgin Media’ is closed to new replies.