Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pubs Near Bracknell
  • eskay

I have to meet up with a mate in Bracknell next week (it is about the mid-point between us).

Can anyone recommend a decent pub that does good food in the area?

razorrazoo

Does it actually have to be ‘in’ Bracknell? Pubs are not really a highlight of the town. Last time I went out with the in laws who live nearby we went here.. It was OK.

eskay

Thanks. No, it doesn’t have to be Bracknell (that is just the midpoint). A 10 mile radius would be fine.

I’ll take a look at the link.

My wife’s relations live in Bracknell, it is a peculiar place!

theotherjonv

Brickmakers at windlesham always used to be good, but getting their website to link for you it looks like its under new ownership.

http://www.thebrickmakerswindlesham.co.uk/index.htm

Actually windlesham has quite a few decent pubs

martinh
    Free Member

Duke of Edinburgh, in Woodside nr. Ascot

Welcome to the Duke of Edinburgh

batfink
    Free Member

Golden retriever is ok….. pretty near Swinley too

Nick

Both Fullers pubs, Victoria is probably the better of the two, both have very good beer

http://www.victoriaarmsbinfield.co.uk/

http://www.shipwokingham.co.uk/

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the greyhound in finchampstead (I think) is really good for food.

eskay

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, just about to have a Google session to check them out!

both have very good beer

– Driving 🙁

gee
    Free Member

The Inn @ West End is fantastic

Nick

Driving

My condolences, food is reliable and cheap if not spectacular

theotherjonv

Gee, is it that good? I pass it all the time but there’s something about the exterior that puts me off, so never been in. Odd, I know but……

eskay

something about the exterior that puts me off

Never judge a book and all that!

gee
    Free Member

Yep – excellent food, great choice of beers and particularly wine. Plus they do Aspalls on draught which is always a winner for me.

Straightliner

As Gee says, the Inn at West End is very good, their food really is excellent and worth a trip. However, I completely agree about the outside, it put me off for several years before going there, and then I wish I’d made the effort sooner.

dashed
    Free Member

I never liked the atmosphere at the Inn at West End – really cold and sterile somehow. Ate there a couple of times and the food is half decent though. And as for the “The Inn @ West End” sign – really?? 😯

The Bee not bad in Windlesham, as is the Cricketers, but it is under new management and been a while since I was in.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pubs Near Bracknell’ is closed to new replies.