Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pub in Derby to watch the rugby and get a good breakfast
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

Any locals care to share some local knowledge? I’m looking for a place in north/west Derby to watch the rugby on Saturday morning, get a good breakfast, and not have our bikes stolen.
    Thanks!

MoreCashThanDash

Not the direction you were after but a mate has recommended the Dragon at Willington.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

the Dragon is a good shout but might not be in the vicinity you’re after, but worth the additional miles. It’s an upmarket kind of pub grub place, but decent beer and scran.

If you’re in Derby itself then maybe one of the Derby Brewing Company pubs – the Greyhound on Ashbourne road or the Tap on Derwent street. Fantastic beer and decent grub too. Both have yards where you can lock your bike up off-street.

There is also the Exeter just by the Tap – again top notch beer and decent scran but might have to leave the bikes outside as there is no yard to bring them into.

There is also the Five Lamps heading out up Duffield road. Not sure if they would have the rugby on, so better check but again great beer selection.

There is also Annies Burger shack that does decent beer and food and I’m sure they’ll let you bring your bikes in off the street. I was there on Saturday night and they were advertising watching the rugby over breakfast. Though it will probably come to you in burger form.

I’m sure there are plenty of other options but can’t think just now. I’ll probably come back and suggest more if some spring to mind.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Are you staying local, if so where and does it have to be “in town”? North west derby could be the old mackwprth hotel, now called the farmhouse I believe, they do breakfast but you will have to check the telly situation. I wouldn’t go anywhere in to town and leave a bike, it’s not quite London i admit but a mate had his orange alpine go in about 10 mins a few years back in the middle of the market place.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations. The location is en route as part of a long ride, so it’s good to have a few options in the area depending on how we’re doing.
    Cheers,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pub in Derby to watch the rugby and get a good breakfast’ is closed to new replies.