Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

• This topic has 2,750 replies, 481 voices, and was last updated 14 hours ago by irc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 2,751 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • niel11
    Free Member

Managed to get a Camelbak and DHB base layer for £26, keep thinking I’ve done my last order and before I know it I’ve placed another £20+ order. Ive already ordered some tools and bits and bobs last week and a 105 cassette earlier this week!

That new programme is amazing, be interesting to see what’s left when the stock levels have refreshed tomorrow. I’m waiting for the DHB Aeron shorts and merino wool leg and arm warmers for the road bike to drop a bit further and then I think I’m done.

Northwind

MTBroutes you are awesome!

devash
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes have some really good deals on Orbea Occams / Rallons if anyone is after a new trail or enduro bike.

alan1977
    Free Member

cheers, did poss my last chiggle order
    4 packs of the energy gels
    2 12speed cassettes
    2 gxp and 2 shimano BB’s
    1 of the lovely brown long sleeve jerseys…

Kryton57

Leisure Lakes have some really good deals on Orbea Occams / Rallons if anyone is after a new trail or enduro bike.

Also Stumpjumpers.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

some good lifeline offers

coffee table indoor zimmer frame training table £45 / pro £68
    https://www.wiggle.com/p/lifeline-turbo-trainer-table

LifeLine Press Fit BB Installer £16.2
    LifeLine Pro BB Facing & Tapping Set £90
    LifeLine Headset Press Workshop Tool £27
    LifeLine Metal Bike Display Stand 26″ £9 / 27.5″ £13.50

appltn

I finally caved and ordered the Lifeline truing stand that I’d been watching for ages. With a question mark over it taking a 148mm hub I figured to get it while there’s still a slight chance of it being returnable.

woodster

https://road.cc/content/news/wiggle-invites-bids-remaining-warehouse-stock-307269

I wouldn’t be too confident in returning anything now, given the closing date for bids is tomorrow. I assume that may be why all those wheels disappeared. I imagine bidders will want a decision quickly to avoid any more good stock disappearing.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Im glad I got me emailing confirming parcel out with Evri today .

DT78
    Free Member

right so is the consensus its a dumb idea to buy a dropper post or 2 now?  I’m dithering because I really shouldn’t be spending on bike stuff as there are more important things the money should be spent on…

nicknameless
    Free Member

Silly me ordered two sizes of endura shorts as unsure of fit.  Anybody want some cheap XL shorts?

I have;

Endura Humvee II 3/4 length (dark camo type ones which come with clickfast liner)

and

Endura Singletrack Lite in Black

Anybody want both?  Just PM me if you do.  Happy to do both for £40 inc. postage.

Cheers.

mark88

they might have some kind of stock reservation on there? there’s no way 122 sold in one go.

I would guess the big drop in stock on thos items will be because of this

https://road.cc/content/news/wiggle-invites-bids-remaining-warehouse-stock-307269

I wouldn’t be too confident in returning anything now, given the closing date for bids is tomorrow. I assume that may be why all those wheels disappeared. I imagine bidders will want a decision quickly to avoid any more good stock disappearing.

a11y

right so is the consensus its a dumb idea to buy a dropper post or 2 now?

Hard to know given they’ve got plenty left in stock, but I’m happy with the £36ea I paid for 150mm droppers. Yeah they might drop in price even more but they might also go out of stock…

rockhopper70

Despite my last purchase a few weeks ago, I’ve just spent £40 on nick nacks for maintenance and also a pair of the nukeproof knee pads as my TLD are starting to come apart.

PayPal, so should be safe.

goldfish24

Just got – much to my surprise – despatch note for an order I made on 8th March, which had the extra10 code on after it expired. They’re now advertising the extra10
    Code again, maybe that’s how theyve finally managed to complete my order.

devash
    Free Member

Waiting for that bearing press to drop to £30ish as that’s really only how much it’s worth.

I already have a nice press from BearingProTools but I’m after the drifts in that kit.

squirrelking
    Free Member

@mtbroutes is there any way to work your magic on CRC? There are definitely items on CRC that aren’t lsted on Wiggle

eg. Brand-X trekking bars.

MtbRoutes

In theory yes, similar feed. Got to get the dinner on though just now :)

squirrelking
    Free Member

Don’t worry about it, I took a look at the page source and found the stock level myself.

For anyone interested just open the page source and do a CTRL-F for quantity, the line will look something like this:

{“inStock”:true,”isStockLevelLow”:false,”quantity”:30}

So there are 30 sets of the trekking bars left.

It’s clunky but handy if you find something on CRC that’s missing from the Wiggle stock check, not as cool as MTBroutes effort though!

captaintomo
    Free Member

{“inStock”:true,”isStockLevelLow”:false,”quantity”:30}

So there are 30 sets of the trekking bars left.

I think this more likely is the code that displays the low stock warning if the stock is under 30 not that there is 30 bars left. Could be wrong.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I tried it out on something and sure enough that’s how many it let me put in my basket so it should work.

Andy

Both sites have a max of 30 items allowed in basket now. Previous version of sites didnt, so you could keep upping the qty until you saw what their actual stock was

andy4d

Ok that really really really was my last CRC order!*

I had a few bits that I had been keeping an eye on in the hope of one last reduction (all had big quantities in stock, thank MtbRoutes, so was in no rush) but if they are now looking at securing a job lot buyer I wanted to get in before the weekend as I am nervous that they may not be here much longer now. I even used the savings the 10extra code gave me to cover the cost of next day delivery as I don’t fancy having an order sitting as pending for a few days at this stage.

*ok there is a saddle I am considering if it goes to a stupid price, so might be one last hurrah yet.

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

Those Doyenne wheels have returned.   9 sets, apparently.

Wonder if they want to give the impression that they have a limited quantity,  so that people will jump on them as it might appear to be their last chance to buy them?

petefromearth

While I’m very sad to see Wiggle and CRC go, I am quite looking forward to the term ‘chiggle’ disappearing forever

5lab
    Free Member

I think this more likely is the code that displays the low stock warning if the stock is under 30 not that there is 30 bars left. Could be wrong.

Nah there are products with 2 or 3 in that response and you can only add 2 or 3 to basket. It’s how the site works.

I suspect they’re just finding that a box of “wheels” is not wheels so knocked the whole lot out of stock until they recounted them

Fueled
    Free Member

Is everyone picking up a (practically) free CRC branded water bottle on the way out? They’ll be a priceless collector’s item one day, a Mint Sauce keyring for the 2030s.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/chain-reaction-cycles-water-bottle

Both 700ml and 700ml sizes available.

MtbRoutes

As requested I’ve added CRC stock too: https://www.mtbroutes.com/crc/in-stock.php

onehundredthidiot

Im glad I got me emailing confirming parcel out with Evri today

Good luck with that. Mine for delivery 2nd of March has stalled. Claire at evri is frustrated at its lack of progress.

rwoofer
    Free Member

Thx @MtbRoutes just saw some of the Primavera rim brake wheels back in stock, so ordering for the third time, cause others keep getting cancelled. Ordered next day delivery as I can’t imagine they will be trading for much longer given the stock levels.

grahamt1980

I have 2 orders processing since Tuesday. Will see if they actually go through, but am half expecting not to get them

chakaping

Got my order from about 1.5 weeks ago yesterday.

Took more than a week for the dispatch notice. I’m expecting a similar timeframe on my final order.

woodster

Both flavours of Nukeproof Horizon Carbon cage are £4.49 (you have to add it to your basket and then the discount code to get the price)

https://www.wiggle.com/p/nukeproof-horizon-carbon-sideload-bottle-cage

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’m trying not to get sucked into the tat, there are a couple of things that sensible head says to wait on.

jhpbk
    Free Member

I ordered wheels last night at 7pm, and they have just been delivered by Parcelforce…

Honestly, bar the pricing I wouldn’t know any difference. The service has still been amazing.

woodster
    fossy

Hoping my order does go through. Still processing from Sunday. Stuff I need, and nothing I don’t. Two 10 speed chains – one is to go straight away on the CX bike, then a Spare UN300 BB, that’s for the commuter, although the current UN300 seems to be lasting longer than the previous UN54/55’s I’ve had before (on this bike).

uggski

Service is good. I had an order go missing at the Evri depot. Used the chat facility on Monday to try and chase it up. They said they will check.  Email today saying it’s being refunded. Really needed the parts but I can’t fault the service from the whole team in really difficult circumstances.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 2,751 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.