Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 2,752 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • martinhutch
    T-Rex
    Free Member

DT78, the Brand-X droppers are good. You should be able to terminate the cable at the lever, so they should be as easy to route as any other.

jwildcard
    Free Member

I have a jamis highpoint i am looking at getting a dropper post for? It says seatpost measure 31.6 x 400. I can see the only size in the brand x is a 30.9 now. Can these be used with shims? Also is there a big advantage over the Internal routing. I guess an external one would be like running another disc brake cable from outside the bike along the frame so not as nice amd yoi have the bulk of another cable running ay the side of the frame?

nt80085

I installed a dropper on my scale about a month ago. It’s a 2022 frame, had to remove the bb as there’s an internal mini lip/shelf just above it that the outer cable binds on when feeding through for the first time. Not hard just a bit fiddly.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Get a shim as long as you can, ideally 100mm.

flyingpotatoes
    noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Something odd was happening with those small Nukeproof Mega frames at CRC, clicked on frames and they’d gone but a separate search showed 6 still in stock, checked again later and they’d sold out, theres a giga frame without shock that wasn’t there before or maybe I just didn’t notice it, are they still discovering stuff in the warehouse.

hooli

I caved on the dropper for £35, mine is slow to return and a new air cartridge is going to be £25 so it is a no brainer.

dave_h

Something odd was happening with those small Nukeproof Mega frames at CRC, 

Probably now they’re getting down to low stock levels, they’re able to do proper stock checks and align what’s held on their order management systems compared to their warehouse management system.

I inagine there be odd things appearing and dropping off as we get to the last days.

a11y

Has anyone found a bigger reduction than this? 99% off, now 99p for 3T cycle computer reduced from £99.99 (and still sounds like a duffer even reduced).

MtbRoutes

I knocked up this web page for checking on the latest Wiggle/CRC reductions and stock levels. Updates at 7.15pm daily. (*uses affiliate links, probs will never get paid though!)

https://www.mtbroutes.com/wiggle/reduced.php

steve_b77
    Free Member

@DT78

what are those brandx droppers like ?  I have a scott scale that I think has a 31.6 post I’m debating putting one on

how hard it is to route internally?

Easy as, take the drive side cable blank off on the head tube, drill a hole to take the outer cable, take crank and BB out, run cable through now drilled blank, down the down tube and up the seat tube to your dropper. Put BB and crank back in, job done in under an hour.

You’ll need a 31.6mm to 30.9mm shim, but they’re cheap on eBay, get a 100mm long one so the theoretical minimum amount of post is supported – it’s exactly what I did on my Scale last winter.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Size 8.5 (fits 8) five ten kestrel pro boa SPD for £42:

5.10 Kestrel Pro Boa 8.5 Clipless Shoes 42 2/3

Before I send ’em back to HOF

5lab
    Free Member

that @mtbroutes page is awesome. if you want to find all products sorted by discount, open that link (desktop), press f12, and in the console whack the following – it should show all in-stock products sorted by discount amount. For some reason its not working 100% – the items are sorted but also grouped so it goes 99->0 a couple of times. no idea why – maybe a parent div issue or something, I haven’t done js in about 20 years

$(“.productList”).first().html( $(‘li’).sort(function (a, b) {

var contentA =parseInt( $(a).find(‘.discount_percent’).text().replace(‘(‘, ”).replace(‘)’,”).replace(‘%’,”));
    var contentB =parseInt( $(b).find(‘.discount_percent’).text().replace(‘(‘, ”).replace(‘)’,”).replace(‘%’,”));
    return (contentA < contentB) ? -1 : (contentA > contentB) ? 1 : 0;
    })).show().parent().show();

jkomo

Some people on here are just too clever.

Ewan
    Free Member

Yes that is very cool. Cost me another 20 quid.

Returns portal isn’t working any more as far as I can see.

deft
    Free Member

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/dhb-trail-mens-long-sleeve-drirelease-jersey?color=ocean-depths

Just received one of these, I paid £18 and am happy at that price (now £10). Nice soft material, looks and feels almost like cotton. Good fit as well, slightly longer in the body for cycling.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I like my brand-x. I had a slightly older one where the anodizing scraped off the shaft though, not sure if it was a mechanical failure or I used the wrong grease when servicing. New one seems fine.

The action isn’t quite as nice as the similarly cheap level ones on Ribble, but I had issues with the head on that so can’t recommend it unless you have a big box of spares to make it work with your saddle.

Only negative is they’re ~100g heavier than posts that cost almost 10x more than that sale price.

ref: cables. I use a ZTTO lever which means both ends are terminated for minimum faff.

5lab
    Free Member

hah – cheers @mtbroutes – I also scripted something to pull everything into an excel sheet – some insight :

total products left in stock – 261,000
    total value of stock left (at sale price) – £4.3mm
    most units in stock – co2 cartridge (5000)
    biggest potential future bargin – dropper posts (1100 in stock), doyene rim brake wheelset (122 in stock!)

mark88

excellent thanks @mtbroutes – there was a couple of items i’d been pondering that were down to last couple.

I did noticed a couple of items in stock on CRC but not on your sheet because they’re not on wiggle. And one the other way round

big_scot_nanny

science

Awesome work!

dave_h

most units in stock – co2 cartridge (5000)

I bought a box of ten of those.  Hope that helps the stock count.

biggest potential future bargin – dropper posts (1100 in stock)

I bought one of those.  May have jumped too early!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Haha, @mtbroutes that’s great!

MtbRoutes

Please bear in mind the stock levels are not real-time! Updated every evening.

captaintomo
    Free Member

Very good work. How long did that take to make?

a11y

@MtbRoutes, awesome work.

I may have jumped early but that’s two 150mm droppers ordered – future-planning for mini-a11y bikes (both can only manage 105mm drop on their current bikes, but at £36 a pop I’d be daft not to).

Other things that look good deals:

DHB Dorica MTB shoes @ £17 in EU47 or 48 (I know these’ve been cheaper in previous sales…)

Camelbak Hydrobak inc 1.5L Crux bladder £12.99 (I’ve bought it for the bladder only)

Camelbak Rogue inc 2.0L bladder £19.99

Lifeline Pro 12″ adjustable wrench £4.99

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Does anyone know if Nuke proof Urchin pedal rebuild kits are the same parts (apart form pins) as the adult pedals (which are apparently all identical). Debating stocking up on 99p rebuild kits for my £9.99 pedals.

Please bear in mind the stock levels are not real-time! Updated every evening.

Works well enough though, if there’s 40+ of something quite expensive in stock and it’s only a nice to have then I’ll wait and see if it drops further.

Very good work. How long did that take to make?

Maybe if MTBRoutes had been involved in the website re-design we wouldn’t be here ……..

I actually even like the very Web 1.0 interface, if I’m going to get nostaligic about CRC, it’s going to be ~2002 CRC 😂

andy4d

@thisisnotaspoon Reading the urchin kit reviews they seem to be the same bits so I took a punt on them. Not got them yet to be able to confirm this,

charlie.farley

Outstanding !

Thank you @MtbRoutes

#BringBackSearchByDiscount ✅

woodster

Anyone tried the Be Elite Energy Gels before? 20 caffeine gels for £4.50 with the code is pretty cheap.

https://www.wiggle.com/p/beelite-caffeine-energy-gels-20-x-38g

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

Wonder where all the Doyennne wheelsets went? Reseller gobbled them up?

Had some in my basket for ages waiting for a further reduction. Glad I pulled the trigger on those Reynolds AR41s now…

Fueled
    Free Member

dropper posts (1100 in stock)

How on earth are they going to shift all those?

finbar
    Free Member

biggest potential future bargin… doyene rim brake wheelset (122 in stock!)

That aged like milk – sold out now :D

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

Not so fast, finbar. Showing in stock again for me. Glitch maybe?

Back on discount watch for me..

Edit, they only have 2 sets left…

finbar
    Free Member

Haha, I shouldn’t have doubted @MTBRoutes web scraping skills!

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

…and away!

5lab
    Free Member

they might have some kind of stock reservation on there? there’s no way 122 sold in one go.

Mind you, they’d have been bonkers to have 122 in stock in the first place – it allegedly went from 122 yesterday to 50 today to 0 now. Maybe they’re counting the spokes?

tall_martin

Anyone tried the Be Elite Energy Gels before? 20 caffeine gels for £4.50 with the code is pretty cheap.

I bought the strawberry and the berry ones. They are fine. As in I’ll never be snacking on them.

Torque gels are absolutely delicious and I’d probably rather be eating them.

These are fine. The caffeine hit was noticable

fossy

Still got loads of SIS gels that are out of sell by dae by a few years. Unless ‘expanded’ I use them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 2,752 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.