• This topic has 87 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by csb.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • PSA: Zee brakes – £106
  • chakaping
    Free Member

£96/pair if you got lucky with the discount codes.

Not dispatched yet though.

dirkpitt74

Mine have been dispatched – apparently Hermes have my parcel….

kneed

Mine arrived already!

Oem packaging. Includes finned pads,1x 200mm adapter, mounting bolts. No olives or inserts if you are planning on shortening them.

kelvin

Finned pads as well!!? Sweet.

welshfarmer

Pads too? I thought they wouldn’t be in there. They’re almost £30 on their own. Result. Hope nine arrive tomorrow

chakaping
    Free Member

Notification that parcel is on way.

🙂

dirkpitt74

Oh FFS – apparently ‘Herpes’ have delivered my parcel and it’s been signed for – only it hasn’t and the live chat is ****’ useless…..

Tracey

Tried to deliver mine to work this morning, email says atempt was made, so will be delivering Monday as usual with them.

breninbeener

I ordered forks and Zee brakes. It was sent as 2 parcels. Yodel delivered one and my GF signed for it.
    However the site shows it as all delivered, and webchat an phone is useless. So im about £110 down…ffs.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

So im about £110 down…ffs.

credit/debit card dispute if you’re stuck.

Tracey

I’ve had CRC send out more than one package for an order at the same time and its been delivered on different days with no problems. Sometimes a few days apart.

chakaping
    Free Member

I wouldn’t panic just yet.

My brakes just arrived, nice to see the finned pads and choice of IS or post front adaptor.

breninbeener

Trying not to panic.. used paypal

welshfarmer

Mine have just arrived with our trusty Hermes driver. As usual he was wearing shorts, in the middle of Wales, in the middle of winter. Weird 🙂

kelvin

Mine arrived, with finned pads, and lots of mount adaptors for large discs. Great package.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Just picked mine up from the Collect Plus drop off point. It sees that getting things sent there means almost certain next day delivery!

The brakes look spot-on. Just waiting for the new frame to arrive to fit them to.

loum
    Free Member

Wannabe postie

fadda

I hate being too late for a PSA like this on things I want!

survivor

I got:

One connected up and pre-bleed brake with metal finned pads

And

One unconnected with non finned resin pads

Both in retail boxes but no adaptors?

Not bothered. Still a good deal.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Mine arrived today as above use collect plus arrived next day
    Both ends finned
    Paid £86.19 using 2 old emails address to get a tenner off as anew customer on each end
    Paid £6.99 for 10pcs of Shimano bh90 olives and insert from Amazon also arrived today
    Bargain tactic

breninbeener

Yeay! I have brakes!

jsync

Mine have arrived (thanks op), feel lovely. Is there any difference in the zee levers of will my existing m8000 levers be the same?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Delivered this morning (Sunday!) and have come with fork and post/IS adapters, finned pads and a packet of u clips – presumably they were an OEM build kit.

Top PSA OP – many thanks.

Mine have arrived (thanks op), feel lovely. Is there any difference in the zee levers of will my existing m8000 levers be the same?

In my experience the older style lever on these Zees is better than the m8000 design as it doesn’t suffer from the variable travel issue.

guandax
    Free Member

Running mine across two bikes, both Zee front, existing XT rear. One bike with XT levers, the other Zee. One setup and tested around Cwmcarn. All good – very pleased 😀

csb

I have a f+r set of these with Hermes so assuming they reach me, what exactly should i be expecting?

I see mention of unconnected hoses and random pads/adapters, so what is fair to expect?

mashr

In my experience the older style lever on these Zees is better than the m8000 design as it doesn’t suffer from the variable travel issue.

Unfortunately my experience tells me the old levers were just as bad

dirkpitt74

Oh FFS – apparently ‘Herpes’ have delivered my parcel and it’s been signed for – only it hasn’t and the live chat is ****’ useless…..

Panic over!!!
    They were delivered 4 streets over – nice to know there are still some honest people in the world.

survivor

so what is fair to expect?

Some zee brakes in various states of build.

I didn’t get what others have but I got what I paid for.

Tracey

Mine have arrived just as described. Levers will need swapping over.

Haribos were an added bonus

benz
    Free Member

Result.

Finned pads in both, 4 x mounts, plenty of cable clips.

Hose shorten, swap to levers, bleed, then will be interesting to see how well they work when paired with 203mm rotors…

russyh
    Free Member

I wish I wasn’t so bloody slow with this PSA.

dirkpitt74

Gutted…….

No Haribo with mine ☹️

chakaping
    Free Member

Was it Tangfastics or just the plain rubbery ones?

Tracey

Just the plain rubbery ones. But they always taste nicer when you don’t have to buy them.

chakaping
    Free Member

Haha, true.

I usually give them to the kids, but would keep Tangfastics for myself.

Tracey

New trail snacks, have taken over from the Tangfastics

https://images.app.goo.gl/w1XK3cjPnv6vNuun6

dusterbenny
    Free Member

Arrived here as well. Finned pads, both bled and ready to roll, although they’ll obviously want swapping.

Anyone know the part numbers for the correct olive and barbs to shorten the hoses?

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Shimano bh90

dogbone

Second evening of;

We’ll deliver your parcel:
    Between 4pm and 6pm

Hopefully they’ll arrive tomorrow..

csb

Are the plastic retainer things for the mounting screws important? I’m missing one.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Zee brakes – £106’ is closed to new replies.