• This topic has 87 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by csb.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • PSA: Zee brakes – £106
  • Premier Icon stevied

CRC have Zee brakes for £106/pair.
    Hoses would need swapping over: https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-zee-m640-disc-brake/rp-prod82434

Premier Icon jamesmio
    Free Member

Shart the bed that’s cheap.

Pair ordered for the spares/next-bike-build box. Thanks for the PSA!

Premier Icon chakaping

Ta, got them for £96 by using another £10 code CRC had sent ‘cos I bought something last week.

🙂

Premier Icon kelvin

Cheers.

Premier Icon LittleNose
    Free Member

blinding price… have XT’s on the hardtail just now, and not happiest with them compared to the E4’s I have on the full suspension bike… so, trying to decide between the Zee’s at a great price, or dropping the cash to get some E4’s.
    As I’ve got E4’s on the full suspension bike I’m thinking I’ll benefit from having the same ‘feel’ on both bikes – or is that crazy man thinking?

Premier Icon dirkpitt74

hmmm – the £10 off code doesn’t seem to be working – and they’re up for £117/pair now – still a bargain though!

Premier Icon jamesmio
    Free Member

The 10% off code on clearance items works to bring it down to £106

Premier Icon Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Great brakes at a mind bogglingly good price.

Tempted to buy a set just for spares.

Premier Icon dirkpitt74

10% code worked but not my £10 off – still £106 is a bargain – ordered!

Premier Icon jsync

Can the calipers be used with m8000 xt levers? If so I assume they operate exactly the same?

Premier Icon stevextc
    Free Member

Can the calipers be used with m8000 xt levers? If so I assume they operate exactly the same?

Yes but different hoses…

Premier Icon jsync

Thanks Stevextc. So the m8000 hoses would be ok or would they need to be the zee ones?

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

As I’ve got E4’s on the full suspension bike I’m thinking I’ll benefit from having the same ‘feel’ on both bikes – or is that crazy man thinking?

That’s good thinking actually. I hated going from E4’s to SLX when I had 2 bikes. It really exaggerated the plasticky, on/off feel of the Shimano even though techincally, they worked perfectly.

Premier Icon dogbone

Set up 2 new accounts and get £10 off each end?

Premier Icon chakaping

On a side note, it makes me laugh that they offer these new customer discounts.

Has anyone here really never used CRC?

Premier Icon feed

Nice PSA thanks. Ordered.

Premier Icon Tracey

We have both XT and XTR levers and hoses running with Saint calipers and cant tell the difference between them and the saint brakes on our other bikes. The banjo is different but as these come as a full set you may be able to swap at the lever end which Is what we will do. I assume that everyone who has ordered like I have will need to swap the levers over to the UK sides anyway.

Premier Icon reformedfatty
    Free Member

Nice. anyone know what happened to the clarks m4 brakes that were mooted to be £70 a pair but then never materialised?

Premier Icon vongassit
    Free Member

Thanks O.P 👍

Premier Icon escrs
    Free Member

Ive got V4’s on my full susser and V4’s on my Hybrid (overkill!!)

Same braking feel with the added bonus of being able to rob parts from one to another if needed at short notice for a ride (not had to do that yet)

Premier Icon dusterbenny
    Free Member

Cheers, ordered!

Premier Icon dai3015
    Free Member

Cheers OP, set ordered

Premier Icon dannyh

Just paid £85 for one end on CRC. Thought I’d got a cracker of a deal. Now is disappoint.

Not really, I needed it there and then and I’m not clairvoyant, so c’est la vie.

Premier Icon guandax

Thanks OP, ordered

Premier Icon survivor

Thanks…. Christmas present to myself that I’m not sure I needed 😂

Premier Icon csb

Me too thanks OP. Is swapping sides easy?

Premier Icon dirkpitt74

Me too thanks OP. Is swapping sides easy?

Undo both hoses and swap over/screw back in to the other lever.

Premier Icon dogbone

Excellent. £98 a pair!

Premier Icon Tracey

If you are careful you can swap them over and get away without bleeding them.

Premier Icon gallowayboy

Thanks op, bought!

Premier Icon hamishthecat

Jeez, I can’t resist a good PSA. Still, my wife wasn’t sure what she was getting me for Christmas…

Premier Icon Big-Bud

Ordered cheers op great spot

Premier Icon kneed

Thanks stevied! That is one good PSA. And good timing: my current rear XTs are needing bled every week which is never a good sign.

Premier Icon whyter

Bummer, should have just hit buy!   No cheap fronts left.

Premier Icon Alpha1653

Bollocks! I thought I got a good deal by picking up a pair of SLX 4 pots from Bike-Discount for £150 delivered on the weekend!

Premier Icon Tracey

Ours has been posted. Will probably swap them over for the XTs we have one one bike and maybe the levers for the reach adjust. Just need to get round to doing a bit of fettling.

Premier Icon brickwizard
    Free Member

Too late fronts out of stock
    What a bargain! I missed

Premier Icon LittleNose
    Free Member

Too late fronts out of stock

well that solves my problem 😉

Premier Icon DrP
    Free Member

£99 an end now….

Were they really £106 a PAIR????

DrP

Premier Icon kneed

Yes DrP 🙂

Does anyone know if these come with olives / inserts for hose shortenting? Looks like these have different hose (and therefore fitting) to the XTs I’ve had before.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.