Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PSA – X-fusion Trace 140mm 29er non boost forks
  • lots_of_hope

Might be of use to someone, ordered some, received today in a proper box with pump and instructions, look respectable and surprisingly light. Not tried on the trails yet but for £250 you can’t go wrong can you?

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/x-fusion-trace-rl2-forks-2016/rp-prod140402?utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=OrderDispatch&utm_content=GB

Poopscoop

Nice price mate.👍

Are they as hard to get some spares for as I’ve read?

mick_r

At that price do spares matter? I’ve been running some for 4 years and haven’t touched them. They are a great fork and I’ve been considering stockpiling a set.

martinhutch

Are they as hard to get some spares for as I’ve read?

Normal lowers-type seals no problem (I believe fox stuff will fit too). Damper or airside rebuild kits, you’d have to buy from the US which is £££ when postage is taken into account. It’s a deliberate policy – they want you to send it in to Upgrade for service.

This has been an issue, particularly with the RL2 damper which has failed on a couple of forks for me. In theory you could strip one down and buy the necessary o rings from a supplier though, which would be a lot cheaper than getting any kind of kit.

The only other issue with the RL2 is that the bit you screw the lockout knob into, and the bottom of the damper rod, are made of cheese – you need to buy the damper removal tool or be very careful if you want to take the lowers off.

mick_r

Part of the reason mine have never been serviced is I was too scared of mashing the aluminium bit getting the lowers off. They don’t seem to have suffered (had plenty of use and filth) and now beyond the point of bothering if I get a cheap spare set.

drhackenbush

Great thread here for servicing. No need to get the special tool, just done
    lower leg service on my sweeps. Need to be gentle with those “cheesy” nuts as said!

https://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/official-xfusion-rl2-fork-service-tuning-thread-910996.html

Fox 34 SKF seal kit for mine and Stendec 7.5w (Chainreaction) for oil.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PSA – X-fusion Trace 140mm 29er non boost forks’ is closed to new replies.