Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA Winter Olympics opening ceremony – BBC 2 on at 1.45 a.m.
  • Bunnyhop

From Vancouver.
    A little early for me, though I'm sure they'll be highlights later on in the day.

So excited.

Edit – highlights Noon Saturday.

rs
    Free Member

watched the flame go by close to my place yesterday 🙂 Can't wait for it all to kick off!

Some dosey cow got hit by a police motorcycle as the flame went past my work later in the day.

rs
    Free Member

arnie just passed the flame to seb coe 🙂

Drac

There seems to be something missing in RS's picture needed for the winter Olympics.

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks for the reminder. Shall make sure I don't accidentally get up in the middle of the night to watch that.

Or is it just me who enjoys Olympics a lot and is looking forwards to these, but thinks opening (and closing) ceremonys are dullsville? Being over there means I've got all day to fit my new LNB before the first real action at 8:30pm.

rs
    Free Member

do you mean snow? I don't live in Whistler or on Cypress Mountain 🙂

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Checking here suggests that coverage starts in just over a quarter of an hour with ski jumping qualification.
    maybe not quite the most exciting of the winter sports, but a good time for dinner!

Drac

do you mean snow? I don't live in Whistler or on Cypress Mountain

I have heard there is a lack of it where some of the events are being held.

rs
    Free Member

Yeah you are correct Drac, its been a bad year and they have been trucking snow into Cypress. Whistler is fine.

Drac

Hehehe! How embarrassing.

rs
    Free Member

there are some good pictures here

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i may be watcihng it, if i can find somewhere to do so. typical that my tv paks in just as one of my favourite sporting events is about to start…

Burts
    Free Member

Some dosey cow got hit by a police motorcycle as the flame went past my work later in the day

As I wondered up the road to watch the flame go past last evening (on Broadway), there was a large Russian delegation being "talked to" by 2 cop cars. Looks like they might have clipped a pedestrian at a crossing. No-one looked hurt, but the translator was certainly earning her money.

billybob
    Free Member

Or is it just me who enjoys Olympics a lot and is looking forwards to these, but thinks opening (and closing) ceremonys are dullsville

But it's always amusing listening to the commentators trying to comment on local customs etc…

Burts
    Free Member

CTV are the local station doing live web coverage of everything. Not sure if it will be accessible outside of Canada though?

CTV Olympics

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA Winter Olympics opening ceremony – BBC 2 on at 1.45 a.m.’ is closed to new replies.