Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA-This Monday Motorway disruption Brexit related
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Just heard from a Traffic Cop friend that they’ve been told some Go-Slow’s will be happening on M3/M40/M4/M6 and other routes, starts at 0630 heading towards London. He says other routes will be affected, even in the barren Norf.

No idea which way the protest is geared towards, just a PSA if you are driving Monday Morning.

garage-dweller

Thanks, worth knowing.

Although how anyone will be able to tell on those routes at that time is beyond me.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

There was supposed to be one from Exeter on the M5 this evening. Don’t know if it happened – or what the protest was for.

drlex
    Free Member

How will this be distinguished from the regular Monday traffic?

ThePinkster

What’s it for?

I heard someone talking about it at work earlier and they hadn’t got a clue what the purpose of it was.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

There was supposed to be one from Exeter on the M5 this evening. Don’t know if it happened – or what the protest was for

Dont know if it happened or not but if it did I’m glad I had a day off today.

Seems pointless to me and I cant see it achieving anything other than making the public even more pissed off with brexit and its supporters.

rossburton
    Free Member

It’s a Pro-Brexit protest apparently, via the medium of pissing normal people off and having zero effect on MPs. Novel idea but I don’t think it will catch on.

Down here in Cornwall someone claimed earlier in the week to have “more than 20 trucks” lined up for a go-slow on the A30, then today seven cars arrived and started doing 20mph on both lanes. Police promptly turned up and ticketed them for inconsiderate driving. If they’d listened to the police when they were told to do at least 40mph then they wouldn’t be literally breaking the law…

rossburton
    Free Member

Exeter police earlier today: “M5 go slow. Our advice was the same, make your protest, don’t deliberately obstruct the carriageway. It seems two drivers ignored this advice, slowing to speeds as low as 20mph on the motorway. They’ve been stopped and prosecuted.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA-This Monday Motorway disruption Brexit related’ is closed to new replies.