Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • PSA – SRAM X1 Eagle Cranks
  • jamj1974

SRAM X1 Eagle Boost Cranks w/Direct Mount Chainring. Fits the GXP bottom bracket, various lengths and chainring sizes. £69.99 from Wiggle.

I know it’s not the new DUB size – but a bit of a bargain considering it’s down from over £200 and has carbon arms. I’ve ordered a set – as I could do with a boost-compatible ring and a pair of crank arms, for another bike I’m renovating.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/sram-x1-eagle-gxp-boost-crankset/?utm_source=order-placed-sg01-gb&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=orders&utm_content=product

ogden
    Free Member

The listing is all over the place; it’s not a photo of an eagle chainring and the Product Data section refers to 11 speed, but the rest of it says eagle 12 speed 🧐

jamj1974

^^ I did notice that. It’s not unique in being a bit of a shite description! 😉

If it turns up and isn’t 12 speed or Eagle – it will be going back. I can’t see Wiggle arguing and refusing free return postage. I took a screenshot in case! 🙂

roverpig

I just had a look st this and was looking for a chain to go with it. SRAM PC-X01 Eagle 12 Speed Chain is listed in the product description as 9 speed ! I dare say these are all just silly errors and it is all 12 speed really, but it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence and I can’t be bothered with the hassle of returning stuff, so I think I’ll wait.

jamj1974

I’ll report back. If off work at the moment and have time on my hands.

jamj1974

The XX1 Eagle cranks are also very much reduced. £156.99 – again in GXP. Only 170mm and 32T.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/sram-xx1-eagle-gxp-crankset/

It also has the same product data errors…

Poopscoop

There was a psa about this a few days back.

Don’t forget, use a new email addy and you get £10 off, making them £59.99😁

Tracey

Have a look at the other thread they are carbon eagle X1 with a 3mm offset chain ring.

We had two sets delivered yesterday

SRAM Next Rally carbon crank wobbly insert

jamj1974

Doh! All, apologies for the repeat post.

Tracey

As long as we all get bargains from PSAs then it’s not a problem how many times it’s repeated.

roverpig

Thanks both. I think I might have actually replied to a previous PSA thread about these now I come to think of it (doh). It’s all good though and I’ve finally ordered them so maybe I can make a more us3ful contribution to the next thread 🙂

jamj1974

^^ Not at all! I took it as it was intended – you were being helpful.

Poopscoop

Must. Not. Order. 😟

jamj1974

^^ ☹️

Northwind

Totally ordered.

sssimon
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking it’s just the offset on the ring that makes these boost? (3mm versus 6mm on old stuff)

jamj1974

Yes

jamj1974

Received dispatch notification from Wiggle, I’ll feed back when they arrive.

hypnonewt
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA just ordered some to replace my XO cranks, nothing wrong with the XO’s but the colour scheme on these match much better.

russyh
    Free Member

Ordered…I have no need for these either!

breninbeener

so, these are only ‘boost’ because of the chainring offset?

So i could replace a normal set of shimano 24mm spindle cranks with these and just put a 10sp NW chainring on?

JohnnyPanic

Can’t see it on Wiggle, are these 30mm or 24mm axle? Ta.

jamj1974

24mm and using the GXP standard bottom bracket that is easy to get hold of – or Hope do adaptors for their own external
    BB’s.

breninbeener

it says gpx, so i think thats 24mm

Tracey

As long as the chainring has the SRAM mount you can use 6mm o/s, 3mm o/s that it comes with or even 0 o/s to get the best chain line. You can then sell on the boost chainring to recoup some of the cost.

JohnnyPanic

Cheers.
    Ordered.

Edit – Amazed by the price of the SRAM chainrings…

jimmyoto
    Free Member

These arrived today:

russyh
    Free Member

Mine arrived today, lovely! Going straight in the spares box ha ha! Weighed in at 538g so very reasonable indeed.

ogden
    Free Member

Tempted by there but a non boost chainring is nearly the same price again 😐

roverpig

Edit – Amazed by the price of the SRAM chainrings…

Yes, I fancied trying a 30T chainring on my GX Eagle setup this year, but ended up buying these (with 30T) instead as I was almost getting the carbon cranks for free 🙂

JohnnyPanic

Boost & non-boost X-Sync NW chainrings are available from other 3rd party suppliers.
    Switch system from One Up looks like an attractive solution.
    Absolute Black
    Blackspire
    Superstar
    etc.

joebristol

Maybe it’s taking the point out of buying carbon cranks for weight saving, but steel sram direct mount chainrings aren’t expensive at all, and they last ages!

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.SRAM-X-Sync-2-Steel-Direct-Mount-Chain-Ring_201228.htm

jamj1974

Mine have arrived and look good. Not quite as as nice as my original 11spd XX1’s – but very stealthy!

Poopscoop

I do not need them,
    I do not need them,
    I do not need them,
    I do not need them,
    I do not need them,
    I do not need them,
    I do not need them.

gnusmas

That is a proper bargain!

Do I want them, yes.
    Do I need them, no.
    Am I going to get them, nope, not a chance.

russyh
    Free Member

Poops, perfect upgrade for the crappy 30mm cranks on the Jeffsy. Can fit a 24mm bb (with adapters). Problem solved

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

No need to worry prices have gone up from £70to130 and 159 to £289

Poopscoop

russyh

Subscriber
    Poops, perfect upgrade for the crappy 30mm cranks on the Jeffsy. Can fit a 24mm bb (with adapters). Problem solved

That’s exactly what I was thinking.lol

I’m actually pleased they have gone back up in price now! No temptation.lol

Poopscoop

EDIT: Still showing as £69 for me?😟

Northwind

Mine arrived today, I ended up taking them through to my accessort-obsessed colleague to show her how shiny and carbony they are and saying “this is how I feel every time you show me a new handbag”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘PSA – SRAM X1 Eagle Cranks’ is closed to new replies.