Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 183 total)
  • PSA – salomon speedcross 3 . £20 on Amazon
  • cp

So, being a size 8, should I get 8.5 Salomons?

I’m a reliable 9 in just about everything, but need to go to 9.5 in Salomon. I have slightly wider feet than average.

johndoh
    Free Member

Buy another pair at the cheap price then send them back as a return on the original order….

Gary_M
    Free Member

Bought the black ones in a size 9 5 minutes ago for £20, now £79.99. Thanks for the psa.

edit: I’m a size 9 normally and just the same in salomon

johndoh
    Free Member

Just bought a pair of size 8s too – and looking on Ebay, I reckon I could flog the size that doesn’t fit for £60 easily.

Sidney
    Free Member

Anyone noticed that almost everything else on field and trek amazon site is £20? I can order a muddy fox bike for that price and also some trouser clips!

Think there is a cock-up with their pricing.

Sid

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ah looks like a cock up then. Oh well, didn’t need then anyway.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I have 11 feet

What are you going to do with the odd shoe? Is it a left or a right?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Be aware that Speedcross shoes are slippery as a slippery thing on slippy rock

philb88
    Free Member

Managed to get some Black 9s at £20, really wanted those Camo ones in a 9.5/10 though!!

Gary_M
    Free Member

So you’ve bought shoes that are a size too small just because they were cheap 🙂 (and highly unlikely the order will be fulfilled)

philb88
    Free Member

They’ll fit as normal runners, just not with sealskin socks!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Something very weird going on. Everything is £20

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

They are going for the executive market that refuse to shop at Poundland. 😉

trickydisco
    Free Member

I just pushed the button on a pair of Merrell Moab Mid GTX boots for £20.. Everywhere else they are £100 + (even on trek and fields own website)

I await the email to say it’s been rejected

nixie

I did check their own website and the prices were different! In the past the pricing has been the same across the 2. I’m going with cock up!

Have ordered so Merrells though on the off chance!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I made one order.

Then rang my dad, so made another order.

Then saw some other stuff, so made a third order.

Part of me is hoping it’s a snafu, as I really don’t need anymore shoes.

I did go with express delivery in case at least one order can slip through the net before they realise 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Just bought 2 pairs of Merrell Moabs (boots and shoes).

Let’s see what happens!

What are the rules regarding honoring an order? Oakley did something similar a while back IIRC and loads of people got dirt cheap Jaw Bones.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Oakley did something similar a while back IIRC and loads of people got dirt cheap Jaw Bones.

As mentioned, F&T are owned by SportsDirect.

I’ll leave it at that.

Gary_M
    Free Member

What are the rules regarding honoring an order?

They don’t need to honour it, and if it’s a pricing mistake I wouldn’t expect them to either.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Hope it is right, just ordered a pair of black mid height gortex boots – could do with a pair for getting dirty, my other two pairs are light coloured for everyday wear 🙂

the-muffin-man

If it is a pricing mistake you’d had thought they’d have spotted it by now and corrected.

Cougar

AIUI They don’t need to honour it if it’s an obvious pricing mistake. Twenty quid for a new bike is clearly an error. Twenty quid for a pair of shoes, it’s what I paid for my last pair of Solomans.

If they’ve taken payment and it’s not a clear mistake, that’s a legally binding contract of sale.

Harry_the_Spider

Clever marketing ploy to lure in new customers? Especially as Sports Direct are having a bad time of it.

Shift a few shoes at cost than sell us some more in a year at a proper markup?

trail_rat
    Free Member

If they’ve taken payment and it’s not a clear mistake. That’s a legally binding contract of sale.

good luck with that.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If they’ve taken payment and it’s not a clear mistake. That’s a legally binding contract of sale.

Just checked online banking and I do having a pending transaction for the order. But I’m not holding out much hope.

Cougar

good luck with that.

Can but see. But it wouldn’t be the first I’ve successfully challenged.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

it’s what I paid for my last pair of Solomans.

Solomans? I hate to break it to you, they might be knock offs 🙁

Cougar

Shush. (-: I never can spell that correctly first go.

Cougar

I mean, auto correct failure, obvs. Erm.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Will just have to wait and see.

Lots of stuff on their Amazon site that isn’t worth £20 is currently £20 so I reckon its an error.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I like the way F&T’s express delivery is anytime between the 9th and the 14th.

ads678

Bummer, I always miss out on these PSA’s. I got in early this time hopefully i’ll be one of the lucky ones………….

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I imagine someone at Sports Direct HQ online shopping dept. is getting a kicking right about now.

duckman

Some prices back up 😥

Harry_the_Spider

My order status is now “Preparing for Dispatch”.

Fingers crossed. With my Ovo voucher I got 2 pairs for £19.99!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Mine has been saying that since 9am.

Paid for express delivery in the hope they would ship them before realising the **** up. I don’t think that strategy has worked.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I think that’s the defaults status for a new order.

schmiken

Well, I gave in and ordered two pairs, one Speedcross, one XA Pro. Let’s see if they turn up!

johndoh
    Free Member

Well the ones I ordered are still showing at £20 so if it *was* a mistake, surely they knew and would have corrected by now?

Harry_the_Spider

I think that’s the defaults status for a new order.

Pretty sure is said Pending at first. Could be wrong.

The question is whether Sports Direct want any more bad publicity. They published their trading figures today and they weren’t that great. Do they take a bit of a hit or make themselves even more unpopular? I wonder what the markup on these is anyway.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘PSA – salomon speedcross 3 . £20 on Amazon’ is closed to new replies.