Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA Pool Noodles and tubeless valves – £13.99 @ Planet X
  • woodster

Here

Plus postage, but plenty of other cheap stuff available in the sale. I sized down as it suggested, but only just ordered so will update on fit when they arrive.

sv

Yes sizing down is advisable…bit seem to work well anyway.

matt_outandabout

AHH, the usual one item in oddball size is £13.99, other prices then apply to others…

Plus they don’t fit properly without choosing the ‘wrong’ size?

sv

You need to add the discount code, I think.

mcnultycop

It is safe to say I am not a fan of these. They are massive; there was no sizing down advice when I bought mine a year (ish) ago – I got the ones advised for my 2.8“ tyres at the time. Last night I needed to top up sealant so I cut the tyres off (I couldn’t get the beads to unseat at all) with a Stanley knife and put new ones on and threw the inserts away. (One of the tyres was worn and I bought a new pair of a different tyre for a change, so only lost one tyre really).

They were so tight that I could add air to a tyre, but not let air out without removing the valve core and riding round until a bit of air escaped. I think they were also pushed up against the sidewall to such an extent that if I had a sidewall cut there is no way sealant could have reached it in enough quantity to repair. Luckily you could quite happily bounce home on the insert if that did happen as it is solid enough.

doomanic

Did you fit the supplied valves? They have a bar on top of them to force the insert away to allow air migration.

I’ve used them on both 27.5 2.8 tyres and 29er 2.6 tyres. I bought based on the size on the box and they are snug to say the least. I did manage to ride 3 miles out of the FoD after ripping my rear tyre open on a rock. plenty of sealant got to the tear but it was too big for even one of those worm thingies to close it up.

mcnultycop

I found the supplied valves really flimsy feeling so didn’t use them.

spooky_b329

I

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA Pool Noodles and tubeless valves – £13.99 @ Planet X’ is closed to new replies.