• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by cp.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA Planet X bike hooks £1
  • jkomo
    wzzzz
    Free Member

see also https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203392926650 as planet x postage is expensive!

jkomo

Tried to do a group order of 8 sets, order came through as 3 so
    I think thats the max. Don’t need any socks either which is a shame.

IHN

Do Planet-X do free delivery above a certain basket value?

thenorthwind

Good spot, bought loads years ago when they were £2 each, but have been meaning to get some more as they’re useful for storing spare wheels as well.

PX used to do free delivery over £50, not sure if they still do.

jimmy

If they’re the same as I bought, mind they don’t copy well with tyres much above 2.3

thebunk

If they’re the same as I bought, mind they don’t copy well with tyres much above 2.3

Thanks so much for posting that, was about to pull the trigger.

Any alternatives?

transporter13
    Free Member

Strange… My 29×2.6 butchers are fine with mine

wheelsonfire1

I would agree that they don’t cope well with wider tyres, my 26” x 2.35. are a squeeze. Also, the rubber cushion wears out pretty quickly so I had to replace all mine with fuel hose (10mm I think) from the local motor factor. Other than that they have been fine.

jimdubleyou

I had to bend the hooks out on mine to accommodate 2.5 tyres. Otherwise they are fine 🙂

dogmatix

@wzzz Why point people to Chinese sellers that do not support our economy and pay no tax rather than supporting UK-based retailers? Seems quite destructive.

thenorthwind

Thanks so much for posting that, was about to pull the trigger.

Any alternatives?

I have my 2.8s on one. Pull the foam sleeve off, chop a bit off the end and/or bend it out a bit, foam back on. Sorted.

jkomo

Arrived today, surprisingly enough.

wzzzz
    Free Member

@wzzz Why point people to Chinese sellers that do not support our economy and pay no tax rather than supporting UK-based retailers? Seems quite destructive.

Wether you like it or not we live in a globalised society. We have not been an island for a very long time.

jkomo

They also came with a bag of fixings each, another surprise!

jkomo

Now 25p each.
    Wiggle do them for £7 I noticed.

nbt

Now 25p each.

Fixing kits are 25p each

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TOJOSWMBHFK/jobsworth-steel-wall-mounted-bike-hanger-fixing-kit

hangers are £2
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TOTERBSR/jobsworth-steel-wall-mounted-bike-hanger-(fixed-hook)

AH no sorry – folding hook hangers are indeed 25pence each!

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TOJOSWMBH/jobsworth-steel-wall-mounted-bike-hanger-(folding-hook)

“Wall fixings not supplied” but they’re 25 p a pack so you’re now up to 50p pehanger

EDIT – and postage is now up to SEVEN QUID

easily
    Free Member

I like Planet X, and I’ve never had a problem with anything I’ve bought from them, but their postage costs have always been ridiculous.
    Last time I ordered from them I removed a couple of items as I’d triggered a higher postage payment and the total cost went from ‘good deal’ to ‘quite pricey’.

cp

EDIT – and postage is now up to SEVEN QUID

showing 4 quid for me with 4 hooks in the basket, then 7 quid inc. the fixing kits. I wouldn’t use the fixing kits anyway as the plugs are crap so don’t bother with them. I used rawlplug UX (in stock in the cellar) when fitting mine to the shed wall (bricks).

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘PSA Planet X bike hooks £1’ is closed to new replies.