• This topic has 136 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tops5.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 137 total)
  • PSA – Pike RC 150mm – Euro 380 New
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

transition1 – Member
    My forks came direct from Transition
    As the importer

POSTED 4 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Offer out some STW transition discount codes then 8)

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Anyway to get these bits cheaper for the new Pike conversion? (old Pikes are IS)

Only tend to use CRC…

andymc06
    Free Member

Mine arrived today. OEM so no pump or spare seals. It does have the bottomless tokens though. Don’t forget to buy a star fangled nut!!!

skellnonch
    Free Member

£323 all in for 29er Rcs thankyouverymuch OP 😀

antennae
    Free Member

UPS man rolled up with mine this morning too. I have the bottomless tokens like andymc06 but no pump, spare seals or Haribo.

Forks were packed in a slightly cavalier fashion with no bubble wrap in sight, looks like the steerer made a bid for freedom through the top of the box at some point during the journey! Seem to have survived unscathed though 🙂

Looking forward to seeing if they hold up to the hype. Feeling good in the highly scientific ‘quick push on the carpet’ test…

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

When did you guys order? My UPS bloke seems to have pulled over for a 36 hour nap.

andymc06
    Free Member

Last Thursday evening. My forks had made an attempt to escape too! They seem to be unscathed though 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

These are 100% definitely black upper and lowers?

What are bottomless tokens?

And are alltricks trusted? Never heard of them.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

bottomless tokens are the plastic volume spacer thingies that screw under the bottom of the cap covering the air chamber. The reduce the compressible volume which makes the fork ramp-up more towards the end of the stroke.

andymc06
    Free Member

Mine are black lowers and uppers. Got an e-mail confirmation immediately and a despatch notice with tracking link 24hours later. Tracking info was accurate too. I’ll use them again.

shredder
    Free Member

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hmm, cracking deal. Anyone got any wheel recommendations for a 15mm axle? 😉

(sadly the wheels on the bike I’d stick them on have oem Formula hubs and I can’t see the front will convert to 15mm. So Pikes = new wheels for me also).

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Oooooooooooooof should be here tomorrow, think i’ll be shopping in France more often 😆

Localisation Date Heure Locale Activité
    Tamworth, United Kingdom 29/07/2014 13:11 Lecture à l’arrivée
    Chilly Mazarin, France 29/07/2014 3:20 Lecture au départ
    Chilly Mazarin, France 28/07/2014 20:32 Lecture à l’arrivée
    Plaisir, France 28/07/2014 20:00 Lecture au départ
    28/07/2014 19:19 Lecture de l’origine
    28/07/2014 18:27 Lecture de l’enlèvement
    France 28/07/2014 12:34 Commande traitée : prête à être gérée par UPS

hainman
    Free Member

Glad i seen this post,does the code still work ?still a great price though,

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Still working here.

lcfr
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up on this. 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

Still working. £310 thereabouts. Can’t argue with that 😀

Only other thing to note is these are the 2014. They have 2015 on there also at an extra £100, but can’t see any overwhelming reason to go for the latest model.

stcolin
    Free Member

Bugger, just ordered some RS Revelation RL’s from Merlin this morning (dispatched) at £310 as the steerer on my Fox Vanillas snapped last night.

Ah well.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

@StColin, 7 day DSR or just turn down courier when he turns up return to Merlins

hainman
    Free Member

cheers ordered last night near midnight and shipped today,Excited now….shame i have fecked ribs and recovering from bust ribs so will not be ridding them straight away

cruzcampo
    Free Member

bigjim

my compression doesn’t actually lock out, does anyone else’s? There is a padlock symbol so I’m assuming it should, but maybe it doesn’t. Its very slow/stiff, but not total lockout in the RCT3 stylee

andymc06
    Free Member

Mine doesn’t lock completely. Wouldn’t worry about it.

bigjim

Righto. Does anyone else have a little mm or two of slack movement at the very start of travel, eg picking the bike up and plonking it down makes a knock and if you grab the slider you can pull it up and down a couple of mm with no resistance. My Revs do the same but they are 2 years old and can’t remember if they did it from new.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I guess a slight bit of suspension on lockout is good for trail chatter on tech ascents?

poah
    Free Member

it is not a lock out

deadkenny
    Free Member

I read somewhere else people saying there’s a slight bit of travel/knock as you describe, and seems to be normal.

bigjim

thinking about it, it can only be the movement from the wavy spring compressing, and I shouldn’t be pulling down on the sliders anyway!

scottfitz
    Free Member

ordered, cheers OP

cruzcampo
    Free Member

So anyone got any tips on tweaking these Pikes? rebound clicks, compression setting, air PSI etc? Fitting mine tomorrow :- )

shredder
    Free Member
    happybiker
    Free Member

The code is no longer working. Oh well that saves me some £££.

neiloxford
    Free Member

cruzcampo
    Free Member

buy buy buy lol

cruzcampo
    Free Member

code was only 5% anyhow still a bargain without.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Definitely.

Mine turned up today. Quicker than expected as paid the cheapest delivery and estimate was next week.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Steerer now sawn down and doing the final fitting. Cup O Yorkshire Gold beak 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

They give CRC a run for their money with the size of their boxes, eh?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Box was about fork size with mine 🙂

Quick question on the newer Rockshox rebound adjuster. The red adjuster has a screw by the look of it. Does this mean it will stay in place when riding?

All my forks so far I always remove the red adjuster and keep it in my bag when riding, as they have a habit of falling out mid ride.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

i’d like to know too kenny, my old pikes have the red adjuster zipped up in bag 😀

@chakaping, how are CRC boxes nowadays, not ordered off them for a while?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Pike RC 150mm – Euro 380 New’ is closed to new replies.