Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • PSA: Orbial new album out on 14.9.18
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

scruff
    Free Member

Brilliant

kelvin

Hoping a signed copy drops through the letterbox tomorrow…

jam-bo

Brilliant

there are some good tracks but there’s a lot of filler…

DezB
    Free Member

I didn’t make it to the end. More filler than good stuff for me. That Brian Cox track is just naff and as for Hoo hoo ha ha.. eesh.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Orbial?  Is that one of Orbital’s side projects?  I wish Long Range had done more.  Their album Madness And Me was a corker.  Not going to rush out to buy this one.

anjs
    Free Member

The second disk in the deluxe version is as good if not better I think

richardk
    Free Member

Gave up halfway through – too dull to even have on as background music for working

jimdubleyou

The End is Nigh.

It’s a bit duff isn’t it.

I’m going to listen to Work.

hedley
    Free Member

DezB

I didn’t make it to the end. More filler than good stuff for me. That Brian Cox track is just naff and as for Hoo hoo ha ha.. eesh.

Same here. I was looking forward to this album but I’m just not enjoying it at all, maybe it will grow on me?

And that Brian Cox track, oh dear.

Such a shame.

I’ve just put on Belfast to cheer myself up and get those tingly hairs on my head working again…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Way past their sell by date unfortunately.

DezB
    Free Member

maybe it will grow on me?

Too many other things to listen to to bother with that again.

Ere, ya. Ave sumthing new

hedley
    Free Member

Ere, ya. Ave sumthing new

Very nice thank you. You are right, life is too short and so much good music to listen to.

VanHalen

i`ve never been disappointed at an orbital gig but i was at the one at brighton this summer –

they should stick to doing the odd EP of decent stuff rather than padding out a release.

new aphex twin EP today also tho to ease the pain…

kelvin

Well, I’m enjoying it… liking that it feels like a single body of work, not a compilation of bits and bobs. Very cinematic.

Way past their sell by date unfortunately.

I’d agree with that. Still making good music, but nothing as good as the work produced when they were at their best. No suprise there.

And that Brian Cox track, oh dear.

Cheer up! It might never happen! Oh…

new aphex twin EP today also tho to ease the pain…

Not got to that yet… I hope it’s a long way from an opiate based painkiller… his best stuff leaves you feeling a bit uncomfortable and lost on first listen.

kelvin

Now my head hurts.

st

Pre ordered it through Pledge Music ages ago and was quite excited, listened to it this evening on the way home. A couple of really good tracks and some others that left me a bit mleh.

muzz
    Free Member

Heard a couple of the new songs and they are pretty rubbish.

Still call myself an Orbital fan purely on the basis of their older stuff but there is far, far better dance music being made elsewhere. Aphex Twin, for example, is still doing it.

involver
    Free Member

I can hear occasional flashes of their old brilliance in the album but none of the tracks really work overall. Bit of a shame really.

Del

Reserve judgement until I’ve heard it.

Aphex twin? Unintelligible bleepery, for the most part.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Nolikey Aphex Twin? Tough crowd.

I’m not overly loving the new Orbital album though. I can’t see that many of the tracks are growers either.

DezB
    Free Member

This came up on my iPod this morning. Reminded me of how you can do a talky-all-the-way-through track, like the Brian Cox thing, without it sounding contrived and cheesy.

From Shirt’s album on Third Man records.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Or this.

DezB
    Free Member

Or that 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Shame really, cos Tiny Foldable Cities is pretty good innit.

DezB
    Free Member

Here’s another one

😀

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Actually this one, same guy but even more betterer.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Any Perthies….? Orbital playing at the Perth festival in March next year. Be a good way to see summer off!

Dance music merchants Orbital are coming for the Perth Festival

Del

seems like i go along with much already written. disc 2 pretty good, PBC can f88k off.

kelvin

I wish Long Range had done more. Their album Madness And Me was a corker.

Thanks for this comment. I hadn’t heard about Long Range… so ordered the CD cheap second hand… now on the third listen. Really liking it. Yeah, it’s dated, but it’s flioaty light. It’s going to get more plays in our house than the new Orbital one, that’s for sure (and unlike others, I’m still enjoying that as well).

themilo
    Free Member

Orbital – not doing it for me this time around.

Delighted to see/hear that Richard’s still completely mental.

As an aside, Richard happened to be mates with Mike P (u-ziq) who also happened to be at uni with one of my mates (Jega) and, by chance he turned up at an opening night in Manchester and proceeded to play a set the likes of which I’ve never experienced before or since.  Didn’t recognise a single track even though each selection was top notch.  Passed him a joint which at that point of my life (erm, 25 yrs ago) was possibly the most exciting thing that could ever have happened.

i spent a few weeks touring(read driving him from gig to gig) with Mike when he was supporting Orbital amongst other things and they (Orbital) were utterly brilliant.  Glasgow barrowlands when they “dropped” Belfast will never be forgotten.

I kinda feel bad for the One D, Little Mix generation tbh.  Even though we didn’t have the internet and our bikes were shit……….

choppersquad
    Free Member

I must be in the minority because I can’t stop listening to the album.

The first three tracks are cracking.

kelvin

Was the Manchester set in that place with the upstairs sound proof (ish) room where you could watch the dance floor? Was only open for about 9 months?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Holy thread revival, Batman!

I’m off to see Orbital tomorrow night in Perth (the hot Perth)

Excited!!!!!!!

DezB
    Free Member

Still brill live. Enjoy 🙂

Freester

Wot Dez said. Enjoy.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

AMAZING gig!!! Packed out, friendly crowd. Numerous red bull and vodkas. Sunday 40c and no aircon and building cabinets in our laundry – not so fun. One of the best gigs I’ve been to in a while. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Orbial new album out on 14.9.18’ is closed to new replies.