Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • PSA – New bargins on cycling kit on Sportspursit.com
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I know a lot of you have signed up but for those who haven’t:

Some more kit on sportspursuit.

Loads of Perl Izzumi kit nearly 1/2 price (I think a lot of SP stuff is last season stuff but a bargin IMO 🙂

And helmets etc – some of Lezyne stuff has gone.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry forgot to say you have to sign up before you can see the deal 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry I didn’t realise there had been loads of stuff like this as I’ve been away for a bit – Soz 🙂

wwaswas

is this a private thread or can anyone join in?

LabMonkey
    Free Member

Shhh, it is a private thread. echo…

wwaswas

[whisper]

sorry

[/whisper]

*backs out of thread and quietly closes door*

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nah I put up a link but the MODS removed it as they are banned – I was just appologising 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Has anyone actually received goods from then yet? The theory is good, just looking for real experiences

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have bought stuff on and off since they started and you have to wait about 3 weeks IME 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

BTW sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!

wwaswas

I’m often accused of being witless.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ha ha

druidh
    Free Member

Lots. You have to wait until the “Sale” has closed though. So, if it’s only open for a couple of days when you order, it might take a week. If it’s open a whole month before you order it can take substantially longer.

Another “gotcha” is that they don’t really do a normal returns service. You can get a refund, but they won’t be able to swap for a different size.

When I first found out about them they’d have only one or two sales on the go any given month. Now they have new sales popping up every 2-3 days. Their business model seems to be working 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Good point Druidh – I had not returned anything thus far – thanks for the heads up!

scaredypants

slightly tempted by some skis, funnily enough 😳

wrecker
    Free Member

5 weeks delivery for me.
    I think Merlin cycles has a better Pearl Izumi sale on ATM.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve never seen an explanation as to why you can’t post links to Sports Pursuit. I think it’s just cos clueless people whinge about it!
    No-one makes money from posting their sign up link!!!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well I just had my post edited and a nice but firm email from the mods – I did put up an open link not a hidden one so? Anyhow its done now – No crying this end LOL

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m not signing up to some viral marketing guff site just to find out what its prices are.

Harumph harumph.

druidh
    Free Member

You don’t get money bu you do get a fivers credit. Some seem to think this makes it either immoral or a trade post :rollie eyes thing :

foxyrider
    Free Member

yeah I was very open about the link but there you go 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

You don’t get money bu you do get a fivers credit. Some seem to think this makes it either immoral or a trade post :rollie eyes thing :

I think the mods kill referral links as, like it or not, they do offer a financial incentive to those posting it. When SP first launched there would be glut of threads every time a new item came on, sometime with overt links, and other sneakily hidden*. To cut down on this the mods started removing the ref links. Strangely enough the amount of SP threads dwindled.

*Yes I said sneakily. I personally think if you are going to financially gain from someone clicking through from your referral link, you should have the good grace to inform as such. Now i’m off to see if I can get this stick removed from my ass.

DezB
    Free Member

druidh posted a link to something on there, I signed up through his link and got a bargain. He got a bit of credit to spend with them.
    I’d happily send anyone a fiver though the post if they asked for it in the right way.

legend
    Free Member

Sounds good to me. However, I’ve managed to fail already – needed a LifeVenture towel, forgot to check when the sale finished 🙄

TiRed

Been very pleased with their sales. In fact I wished I’d bought more of the merino stuff. The Pearl Izumi leg and arm warmers ar a bargain.

Had some half-price Zipp 404’s the other day (previous model), and cateye reflector LED’s at two for £30.

I would have paid £5 to sign up, based on what i’ve bought!

eoghan
    Free Member

I’ve had a few things from them over the last few months. They send a new email each day with about three new brands on offer. Things last a week so there are normally at least a dozen brands on offer at any one time.

Brands are a mixture of obscure/rubbish-looking gear and “sports nutrition” products alongside some very decent stuff.

I’ve had some Pearl Izumi stuff from them before as well as a very good sleeping mat (Hyalite Peak Elite). They have some high-end brands like Haglofs from time to time.

Do be aware as others have said that delivery is slow – could be about a month – it will arrive though. No experience of customer service.

Well worth signing up if you don’t mind a daily email (which I presume you can unsubscribe from without losing access).

soma_rich
    Free Member

Dez can I have a fiver?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d happily send anyone a fiver though the post if they asked for it in the right way.

You’re looking very rugged this afternoon, Dez. Now…about that fiver?

Rubber_Buccaneer

This fiver you are offering, will I be having to take my teeth out?

vondally
    Free Member

bought from them

icebreaker wool top and socks
    smartwool cycling top andshorts
    montane prism jacket

very happy with them all for the price so recommended

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘PSA – New bargins on cycling kit on Sportspursit.com’ is closed to new replies.