Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA Leatherman 25% Off
  • sillysilly
    Free Member

Vouchercode: FATHERSDAY22

jimmy

at buymyleatherman.ru ??

sharkattack

Just tried it on https://www.leatherman.co.uk/

It actually works. Now, do I really need a 3rd Leatherman?

somafunk

Cheers, just got my bro a P4 multi tool for £134 for his birthday

hot_fiat

Thanks, I think. <contemplates how to hide yet another stw psa purchase>

easily
    Free Member

Off topic, but multitool connected –

I’d like a tool that has:

good-ish pliers
    small non-locking blade
    bit driver
    scissors would be nice

If I carried that and a few bits (screwdrivers, a couple of hex) I’d rarely need anything else – I really don’t need to be carrying a bottle opener, corkscrew, or awl around with me all day.

Has anyone ever seen a tool like this?

sillysilly
    Free Member

Closest I can think of is the Leatherman Juice S2 with a bit driver adaptor but they’ve discontinued it.

hot_fiat

Think you need two tools: a squirt ps4 and a micro bit driver like this one from bahco.

The uk leatherman site has a very limited range available.

easily
    Free Member

Two tools! My pockets are already full!

At the moment I use a Skeletool, which is pretty much what I want except for the locking blade – which makes it a bit dodgy to keep in my bag.

The Squirt does look like it would do almost everything though (including opening a bottle! Why are multi-tool makes so obsessed with this function? Is there a shortage of bottle openers in the world?).
    Is it another discontinued model? I can see a few for sale, but it doesn’t seem to be available on the Leatherman site.

easily
    Free Member

sorry SillySilly, I missed your post.

Yep, I think that’s what I need. There still seem to be a few Juice’s around so I’ll see if I can get one. Cheers.

gray

I have a skeletool which I really like, but similarly am a bit reluctant to carry it around when e.g. camping now that I know that there are potential legal issues with thr locking blade.

Squirt PS4 looks pretty useful though… might have to put that on my Christmas list!

Why are multi-tool makes so obsessed with this function? Is there a shortage of bottle openers in the world?).

I use it all the time, beats flicking them off with a lighter

easily
    Free Member

I use it all the time, beats flicking them off with a lighter

Of course it’s useful for some people – it’s just the ubiquity. Some multi-tools have locking blades, some not. Some have screwdrivers, pliers, bit drivers, scissors, files, saws, wirestrippers, can openers, etc. They ALL include a bottle opener, and the manufacturers seem to be inordinately proud of this – often featuring it in the advertising.

It’s as if the main problem that mankind faces is how to open a bottle, and the other functions are just an add-on.

It’s as if the main problem that mankind faces is how to open a bottle, and the other functions are just an add-on.

I get what you’re saying, but generally they aren’t a main feature sacrificing anything else – Skeletool and Style, it doubles as a carabiner. On my Free P4, what else could be put on the driver shaft? Sometimes it’s actually the can opener that doubles as a bottle opener – and it’s usually rubbish as a bottle opener. In fact can opener – that’s one thing I’ve never needed

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/85252658@N05/08017p]2022-06-18_02-40-56[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

p7eaven
    Free Member

Off topic, but multitool connected –

I’d like a tool that has:

good-ish pliers
    small non-locking blade
    bit driver
    scissors would be nice

It’s supposedly trivially simple a process to make a Swisstool legal-carry

If I carried that and a few bits (screwdrivers, a couple of hex)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.