• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Merak.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA Le Mans 1955 animated short film on YouTube
  • shuhockey
    Free Member

About the 1955 disaster.
    Really good and worth the watch. Dubbed in English, not sure if there is a proper French version.

athgray
    Free Member

It’s very well done isn’t it.

h4muf
    Free Member

Excellent!

bikebouy
    Free Member

That is brilliant…

welshfarmer

Tres bien. You learn something every day. Thanks for the share

reluctantjumper

Extremely well done that. One of those watershed moments that motorsport had to go through to at the time.

If you ever go to Le Mans you should go and see the small black plaque on the pit straight, it’s on the wall separating the spectators from the track on the outside of the circuit and only can be seen by standing on the track looking up at the ACO stand. Completely nondescript and easy to miss if you don’t know it’s there. It marks the place the burning Mercedes landed.

avdave2

I enjoyed that, reminded me of how much I enjoyed animated films as a kid.

Riksbar

Good recommendation, I enjoyed that.

daviek

That was really well done.

halifaxpete

Brilliantly done, like how the emphasis was not on the accident but on the people it affected. Went down a Youtube rabbithole afterwards and the pathe news footage of the time is grim 🙁

safi

Amazing

joefm

Was good.
    Terrible event

timbog160

Yes, enjoyed that. It was a different time, although I think the decision to continue the race was more controversial at the time than is sometimes presented. A lot of similarities with the Farnborough disaster (the year before was it?). Either way, being seen to be celebrating at the end of the race was probably not Jaguar’s finest hour!

Dickyboy

Thanks for the psa, watched it last night with the family, love that style of animation.

mikertroid
    Free Member

My (late) Uncle was at that spot 5 minutes before the crash, before moving on. He never went to a race again.

Hope to see that plaque again when my g/f and I ride there for next years race on my tandem.

Merak

Horrific accident, excellent film.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA Le Mans 1955 animated short film on YouTube’ is closed to new replies.