Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • PSA: Howies Dyfi wind proofs back in stock
  • asherh
    Free Member

Seem to remember these were pretty popular round these parts, last time around? Now available in audi driving XXL
    http://www.howies.co.uk/mens/clothing/jackets/dyfi-turkish-sea.html

Alex

Good timing, I somehow mislaid my trusty endura one somewhere in Wales. Is the Medium a real medium or a roadie ‘squeeze my pecs in and call me handsome’ medium? Don’t want flappy but don’t want to be entombed!

Jamie
    Free Member

Is the Medium a real medium or a roadie ‘squeeze my pecs in and call me handsome’ medium? Don’t want flappy but don’t want to be entombed!

Just order a couple of sizes, as free returns.

How to return or exchange an item:

You do not have to pay to return an item, there is a freepost returns address sticker in with your order (except items bought in sales or discount promotions). Please use this sticker to return your parcel. Don’t forget to fill in the reverse side of the invoice to tell us why you are returning your goods, so we can quickly put things right.

http://www.howies.co.uk/info#returns

LoCo
    Free Member

Ordered 2 in orange and black earlier along with some merino 😀 as 5 year old base layers have reached biohazard status 😯

Alex

Ah good man for summarising the Internet for me there Jamie 🙂

I always feel a bit bad about doing that, but in this case, I’m right between sizes.

Jamie
    Free Member

I always feel a bit bad about doing that…

Genuine question, why?

Incidentally, I am 5’7/38-ish” chest and have a medium and it’s just right. Last years model, though. So dunno if they have changed the cut, which I would describe as fitted casual.

Alex

Just because the m/f picks up the cost of the return. I’m 39in and 5ft11 so prob going to need the large.

LoCo
    Free Member

How does the cut compare to other howies kit then Jamie? if xl in other top will be xl in these right?! (I’m tall not fat, dispite what people may say 😉 )

Jamie
    Free Member

Just because the m/f picks up the cost of the return. I’m 39in and 5ft11 so prob going to need the large.

I would imagine they have a fixed rate contract, so whether you send one back or not, it’s not going to cost them more.

As someone who always seems to be between differing sizes, and all manufacturers interpreting sizing differently, free returns is a bloody godsend.

How does the cut compare to other howies kit then Jamie? if xl in other top will be xl in these right?! (I’m tall not fat, dispite what people may say )

Can’t help there, Loco. Only bit of Howies kit I own. The rest is overpriced pseudo-tree hugging-big-corp nonsense 😉

iain1775
    Free Member

Alex
    Similar to me 5’10” and 38(ish)” chest
    I got a large last year and it fits well
    As Jamie said fitted casual

Loco, similar sizing/cut I would say (based on owning a jumper and pair of jeans)

Ey are cracking jackets, light showerproof and about the only wind/waterproof I don’t boil in

LoCo
    Free Member

The rest is overpriced pseudo-tree hugging-big-corp nonsense

Not if it’s in the sale 😉

not a method liver 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Not if it’s in the sale

Every man has a price.

…and I think we just found Loco’s. Less than RRP. 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Have a couple of pairs of their jeans which i wear for work that must be 6 or 7 years old so cost per year they work out very cheap compared to cheaper jeans that I blow the crotch out of in a year 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

compared to cheaper jeans that I blow the crotch out of in a year

LoCo
    Free Member

😀

Alex

🙂 Cheers Iain – I ordered both. Looks like the Med will be going back.

asherh
    Free Member

If I hadn’t just bought the last remaining purple Surface pertex jacket from S**** P****** then I’d be all over this, they look like cracking jackets.

asherh
    Free Member

I tend to find that a howies medium is a little more relaxed than other brands, but I haven’t tried any of their technical gear.

Jamie
    Free Member

If I hadn’t just bought the last remaining purple Surface pertex jacket from S**** P****** then I’d be all over this, they look like cracking jackets.

Having owned both, this is a much better jacket. Surface stuff seems to last about 3 months then explodes.

I would cancel your order, and get one of these.

2orangey4crows

Hurray! I’ve got one already and like it so much I’m buying another…

MoreCashThanDash

How waterproof/resistant are they? My pertex jacket is about 20 years old and past it’s prime by about 19 years……

frogstomp

A PSA for this PSA.. Wiggle have the black ones in Small for £25.99 (last years’?).

asherh
    Free Member

Having owned both, this is a much better jacket. Surface stuff seems to last about 3 months then explodes.

I would cancel your order, and get one of these.

I only bought the Surface as it was purple to be honest… A trusty Montane featherlite will do the job when I’m not posing.

Ben_H

Just ordered mine in a Medium, but forgot that’s the same size as I ordered from them last year – I need a Large!

*goes to phone Howies…*

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Wiggle were doing them for 30 quid last PSA, got an Orange for myself (winter road riding) and a black as a gift.

convert

big-corp

Don’t know if you could describe Howies as big corp these days (yes in the Timberland days) – I think they employ 15 people in the UK these days.

nosedive
    Free Member

looks ideal for me. my gore has finally given up and diead and im not in the mood to spend £150 on a replacement.

I’m a large in Altura, xl in endura and gore. Sounds like I should go for a large if they are a more relaxed fit?

any idea how long they keep the rain out for ?

mcnultycop

6% on quidco too, I discovered after ordering mine.

ross980
    Free Member

Shame Wiggle aren’t fully stocked yet. I got mine for £30 (plus Quidco) which is a great price.
    I’d say sizing is quite snug and not that long in the arms/body considering it’s a biking jacket (I got XL and am 6’1″/ 14.5st so hardly skinny).
    I mainly use it for running but I should have bought a different colour as black (or ‘liquorice’) probably isn’t the best colour for being seen when on the road bike.

BeardedDave
    Free Member

Another vote for how good these jackets are as a lightweight windproof jacket. I got one of the original batch, in orange, and like it so much that I’m seriously considering getting another so that I have a back up.

Size wise, I’m 5 foot 10 and a smidge over 70kg and a large fits perfectly. It’s a little bit more snug than I would wear for a casual jacket but perfect for cycling – room to move but not flappy. I have an old large Altura jacket of some kind and would say the Howies jacket is a little smaller, but not by a lot.

nosedive
    Free Member

nice one. at 80kg and 6 foot I probably need an XL then. decision now is whether its worth waiting to see if wiggle get more stock in ….

guitarhero
    Free Member

5’11” 75kg large fits a treat. Originally ordered medium, but sent it back as it looked painted on. Nice jacket. Looking forward to it being warm enough to commute in mine again

hilldodger
    Free Member

nosedive – Member
    any idea how long they keep the rain out for ?

several minutes 😆
    It’s lightweight windproof top, no taped seams or waterproofing, relies on a tight weave fabric and surface treatment to be “water resistant”

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Howies Dyfi wind proofs back in stock’ is closed to new replies.