Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA : Gilles Peterson Worldwide Awards streaming now from Koko
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

here

artist listing here

Highlight might be Valerie June at about 9.45pm

Sawyer
    Free Member

Ah nice. Might tune in for Jonwayne later, be interesting to see what he’s like live.

somafunk

Watching it…all on my tod at home 😉 …..But…………I should’ve been down there….I should’ve been down there….I should’ve been down there….Goddamit!!!!…sometimes staying in the arse end of Galloway has it’s drawbacks, despite having trees n’ hills n’ desolate empty spaces on my doorstep sometimes i wish i could just jump on a bus or the tube like my mates and do shit like this…..Humph!!!!, i’ll have to put up wi the txts n’ tweets fae the crew at it……least i can watch it i suppose.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

stream sound keeps stuttering on me 🙁

Jimi Tenor – nice

Koko’s sound system is sh1t – the bass is so knackered it plays extra harmonics of the bass !

And it is so loud that your hair moves around – way past any sort of health and safety and you are looking at sure hearing damage if you are going to try and make it to the end and haven’t got some decent ear protection in.

If they would only put a system with decent fidelity in they wouldn’t need to run it so loud that it damages itself, and the music would sound a lot better as well.

somafunk

They’re running a JBL system through a soundcraft desk which is temperamental at the best of times, or they were the last time i was in there, perfect for kicking the shit out of you but sonically it leaves a lot to be desired, That venue needs a Funktion one or Martin system installed but then again the system is only as good as the engineer twiddling the knobs, Can’t really tell much sonically from the stream and it’s pointless trying to make sense out of my mates tweets from it 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Bump for Valerie June NOW

somafunk

Yep…..she’s bloody good ain’t she 😀

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

you wouldn’t want to be on the end of her temper though when she started shouting at you – I reckon.

somafunk

Ohh i dunno?……..i’d get a slight twinge in the nether regions if she started shouting at me…..and just think of the kiss and make up afterwards 😀

The sibilance of her vocal range just highlights how incapable the koko sound system is to carry it off unfortunately 😥

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA : Gilles Peterson Worldwide Awards streaming now from Koko’ is closed to new replies.