Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 140mm fork compatible single speed able hard tail frame options?
  • mattbee

Have been riding my 5 Spot to the detriment of my single speed this year.
    The cruddy conditions have seen me back on the ss now though and I hate it.
    It’s a Thorn Raven Enduro, with 100mm forks and a relatively long stem. I think it’s a geometry thing, I’ve got used to my 5 Spot, long travel forks and short stem. The Thorn is supposed to be more of a tour/bridle way mile muncher than a singletrack dream machine anyway.
    Couple that with me not having replaced a frame or bike for well over a year and I want a change!
    Thinking of using a set of Pike I have sitting in the shed, so want a hard tail frame to suit 140mm, be nice if it was ss able without a tensioner but that’s not absolutely critical. I’m 6’2″ so needs to be available in relatively big sizes. Budget of up to £300 for the frame. Those cheap Orange Crush frames appear to be out of stock and I’m not sure what’s best now. Piglet? 456? …..

Twodogs

I’ve got an an On One 456c with pikes (old ones), singlespeed with horizontal drop outs…..it’s great fun!

Rickos
    Free Member

As above, a 456 would fit the bill as would a Chameleon or if you could find a Blue Pig X that came with swap outs too.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I had a SS inbred with a 140 talas in it.

It never broke despite my attempts.

richen987
    Free Member

Transition Trans-am also fits the bill,
    comes with swapout dropouts to change geared to ss,
    140-160 forks,
    you can have a go on mine next week Matt :lol:.

Jim-bob
    Free Member

Evil Sovereign will do the job, slidey dropouts and they seem to be fairly cheap s/h these days.

mattbee

Food for thought there guys, ta.
    Can’t covet both your Transitions Ritch!
    Am eyeing up a Chamelions frame on evil bay ATM too…

benjbish

Recommend what you own is the only rule – Chumba hx1, I wouldn’t ride it with a dropper though!

mattbee

Now looking at Stanton Slackline too….

Mackem

Chumba HX1 – I ride it with a dropper.

julianwilson
    Free Member

A bit less flash, but I’ve seen lots of s/h voodoo wangas on ebay etc. The newest silver one comes in alloy rather than steel, with proper sliding dropouts and built for/with a 140mm revelation. So either get the frame secondhand or get a new one and sell the parts.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t you ride a hx1 with a dropper? I’ve had 2 and can’t think why they wouldn’t work.

mattbee

Dropper comment is a bit of an in joke bud.
    Hmm.. So many choices!

_tom_
    Free Member

Ns surge has sliding vertical dropouts which makes for easy wheel removal/fitting. Way easier than horizontal which are a pain in the arse! Chameleon with EBB works well but the EBB can need regular greasing to avoid creaks. Personally id go for the surge, they’re awesome frames.

parkesie
    Free Member

image by Parkesiemtb, on Flickr

Got this its large it take 140 forks and has slidey drop outs.

Email for more info if interested

cartwheels

I have a Voodoo wanga as pic above in medium for sale cheap .
    Find my email in my profile if of interest

sam3000

I paid 375 for an identiti aka. Lovely piece of kit so far

Rickos
    Free Member

Orange P7 came/comes with sliding dropouts if you feel the need, the need for steel!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘140mm fork compatible single speed able hard tail frame options?’ is closed to new replies.