Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • PSA: Gerber Multi tool
  • joeydeacon
    Free Member

Dunno if any use for anyone but under half price at £9.50 posted at the mo.

Clicky

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Ah yeah, just checked and a lot of their product range seems reduced.. click on the Gerber brand name to see the rest..

peterfile
    Free Member

Cheers, just ordered the Suspension…can’t go too far wrong for £18!

white101

Brilliant top bargain £18!, just ordered cheers

singletracked
    Free Member

Bought 14

neninja
    Free Member

Got a Suspension and a Pro Scout – both are excellent.

If I needed another I’d snap one of these up.

zilog6128

A lot of the cheaper Gerber tools are made in China these days and are frankly shit. I suspect the Bear Grylls one is in that category. Good spot on the Suspension though, probably not as good as a Leatherman but at that price you can’t go wrong!

righog
    Free Member

Just bought the suspension..Thanks I was after a multitool. 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

Do you actually use a multi tool for much?? Where / when do you use one?

richmtb

For £18 you can’t go wrong

Thanks

zilog6128

getting thorns out of tyres when fixing punctures would be my primary use. Have also used the pliers to bend back an X0 shifter that I somehow landed on after an off. Knife comes in handy every now and then too. Doesn’t add much weight so why not carry one?

AlasdairMc

cloudnine – Member

I stripped down a rear hub with a Leatherman and a Topeak Alien, avoiding a 15 mile walk out, so I’m a big fan of them.

Duffer
    Free Member

Always been a Leatherman fan, myself. I got two about 8 years ago, and i use one of them most days at work. Simply flawless.

Can’t argue with £18 though. I don’t think you’d get a decent Leatherman for that price…

iainc

couldn’t resist, just bought a Vise 😆

Drac

Suspension is great ordered 2 in the past from them when they’ve been on offer, I use them at work.

WTF
    Free Member

Thanks, suspension ordered. 🙂

juanking

Cheers, suspension ordered here too!

vixalot
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂 just ordered a suspension

Rich_s

Good shout – Suspension ordered!

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Sorely tempted to buy a spare suspension, my current one sees lots of use doing odd jobs, don’t really need a spare however as it shows no real sign of wear

geoffj

Suspension ordered to replace the leatherman wave that I forgot was in my hand luggage as I flew back from Mallorca 👿

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

A lot of the cheaper Gerber tools are made in China these days and are frankly shit. I suspect the Bear Grylls one is in that category

IMHO anything with bear grylliis on it just screams “dick”

got a suspension just to stick in the saddle bag – cheers

Cougar

I’d love the Suspension but I’m struggling to see when I’d ever use a full-sized multitool instead of, well, tools.

On the bike I carry an inner tube, multi-tool, cable ties and tape, and a little bottle of lube. Aside from sounding like the packing list for a dirty weekend, that’s been enough to keep me rolling but the one thing I’ve wished I’d had in the past when fettling field mechanicals is a small pair of pliers. So to that end, I’ve just ordered the Dime.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gerber-Micro-Stainless-Steel-Multi/dp/B0087OUR04

I get that Gerber aren’t the premium brand they once were, but at £15 for the Gerber against nearly £40 for the equivalent Leatherman, I’ll take my chances. And it even comes in the same colours as my bike. (-: Nice one, thanks for the PSA.

boblo
    Free Member

Got my Suspension. Spot on. Ta.

Cougar

Yup, Dime arrived this morning. It’s so teeny!! Nice one.

peterfile
    Free Member

got mine too, planning on eating my dinner with it 😉

great stuff, ta

righog
    Free Member

Same here, suspension arrived today. Very Pleased with it 😀 wished I had got an extra for pressie for someone.

wwaswas

My suspension arrived too – certainly smaller and lighter than the Leatherman Charge Ti I have. Will go nicely in a pack 🙂

white101

Mine also arrived this morning, very pleased, good PSA 😀

iainc

I went for a vise, which came yesterday. Great wee thing and half price too 🙂

joeydeacon
    Free Member

No probs guys – mine still hasn’t turned up, glad you’re all happy with yours though!

wallace1492
    Free Member

Suspension is a brilliant tool, have had two now (lost first one) very handy for all sorts of stuff, cable cutting, clipping tie wraps, extracting brake shoes. Take it on virtually all rides (unless I for get it!) Great value, and reasonably strong.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Got mine (suspension), prepared to be disappointed in the quality, not at all, excellent tool, liking all the locky bits. cheers joeyd

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Be a little bit careful as the Suspension has a locking knife blade which is illegal in the UK. You might struggle to prove that your hobby is a good enough reason to be carrying it.

wwaswas

So do a lot of the Leatherman tools and all of the Opinel knives that you can buy in camping shops? And my retracting blade stanley knife.

I’ve never heard of anyone with a ‘legitimate’ reason for having somethign like that being prosecuted – is the law enforced other than for occasions where someone misbehaves/doesn’t have a good reason?

richmtb

Think the suspension blade is under 3 inches so isn’t illegal.

Your legitimate reason for carrying it is that its attached to your pliers – not sure if this has been tested in court though!

freddyg
    Free Member

Didn’t spot this one first time around – just jumped over to Amazon to order a Suspension. They’ve gone up to £23.13 now. A fiver more, but still good value.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Locking blade is not metioned specifically in the legislation. The main criteria is whether you have a legitimate reason for carrying it, and as part of a multi tool used for cycling purposes, (or other leisure pursuits) I see no bother in having it with you as part of your cycling kit. However, if you still had it in your pocket when going to pub without bike, then maybe a dimmer view would be taken.

If these blades were illegal per se, then they could not be sold in this country, the fact that they are for sale in many shops and high streets, as well as on the net, shows that they are in fact legal, but subject to the “legitimate reason” test.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

“In the United Kingdom it is illegal to carry a knife having a blade more than 3 inches in length in public without “good reason”. The terms “in public” and “good reason” are not defined, but examples of “religious duty”, “national dress” and “requirement of employment or hobby” are given. It is left up to a police officer’s individual subjective discretion, and ultimately a magistrate to decide if a knife is being carried “in public”, and for a “good reason”.[26] Folding knives with blades of 3 inches or less may be carried without needing to provide “good reason” so long as the blade is not capable of being locked in the open position.”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Gerber Multi tool’ is closed to new replies.