Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PSA: Free PC games
  • Cougar

A little while ago, I got some offer or other for a free game. Click click “now download with our installer.” Really? Ugh. Just what I need is another Steam-a-like.

So I installed it, thought nowt no more about it till it popped up a fortnight (Fortnite?) later, “want some more free stuff?” Unbeknownst to me, it seems they give you a free game or two every two weeks.

I’ve been meaning to post a PSA for a while, but today’s offer forced my arm. All three Lego Batman games, and the Arkham Trilogy. Six top notch games for free.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/batman-free-week

chrisdw
    Free Member

Good PSA ta!

I got Subnautica last year for free through them. Great game. Didn’t realise they offered free games fairly often.

Epic games get a bit of stigma because of them getting exclusivity to some games through means that could be seen as unfair to other companies such as Valve/Steam. But if it’s free. I’m in!

squirrelking
    Free Member

But, but, didn’t you know Epic are the new antichrist EA? They’re anti-consumer, I mean, free games, what more proof do you need? EVIL!!!!!!11!!!!ONE!

On the other hand, thank you for the PSA 😉

flyingmonkeycorps

Blimey, that’s a good PSA. I have a ton of free Epic games on my account, but this is definitely a high point.

eskay

Thanks Cougar!

Cougar

Yeah, I hear Epic is evil. But I have little compunction about getting a game for free that will almost certainly have the net effect of adding a line to my games library without ever being installed even let alone played. My Steam library is like 230 games, I’ve probably played about a dozen of them, and that’s before looking at GoG, Humble, GWG freebies on the Xbox…

squirrelking
    Free Member

Oh god don’t even… I have piles of games (literally) that I’ve never played.

I’ll be getting those anyway as mini squirrel was annoyed when Lego Batman was taken off Gamepass and it’ll probably work better than the dodgy “will it won’t it” 360 save system. Would be nice if they went back to UT at some point.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Free PC games’ is closed to new replies.