Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)
  • PSA: Free hope floating rotors
  • randomjeremy
    Free Member

The price is obviously a mistake. Why are you being assholes?

nonk
    Free Member

same with the oakley thread total nob heads.

neninja
    Free Member

On a par with looters really – no moral compass 😉

I’ve seen it on other forums before – a mad rush to order a product that everyone knows is mis-priced followed by widespread rage that the retailer has the gall to refuse to supply it.

This is slightly different though as DH is a knob.

morgs
    Free Member

that’s the point, neninja.

Best case = we get rotors.

worst case = we don’t and can cause DH a load of miter like they’ve (allegedly) dished out in the past.

I have never ordered anything from them. why? about 8 years ago i needed a new front wheel. I knew what hub I wanted, but needed some advice on the rim choice. I rang them up, and to cut a long conversation down, I was told to *(“$ off as I didn’t know what I was on about. Now I know this wont come as a surprise to many, but at the time I was pretty upset about it.

Like someone said earlier…if it costs them 50p or whatever to change the transactions and has to spend employees time in doing it….that’s tough! If they don’t refund, then they are breaking the law pure and simple.

before anyone says it, i’m not a woman scorned 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

OAKLEY: An international company with an unrivaled reputation for fantastic customer service who mistakenly priced products cheaper than the usual RRP – but in no way free – and decided to provide the goods FOC as a good will gesture in order to protect their hard-won reputation.

DAVE HINDE: An absolute shyster who’s happy to rip people off; tries to discredit his own customers who have the temerity to question his below-par customer service; who’s been removed from ebay, investigated by trading standards and sued by countless unsuspecting customers…

And you idiots think you’re gonna get free rotors??? It’s obviously a mistake – I’d imagine the default price on his web template is £00.00 and he’s forgotten to put a price in.

I ordered Oakleys for 90-odd quid, less than half the usual RRP, but still a significant amount. The fact that they gave them to me FOC was a massive bonus, but 90 quid is still a lot of money for a pair of sunnies, I just assumed they were slashing prices to make way for new products or something like that.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Sounds to me like Dave Hinde might have a case to sue STWers under some kind of conspiracy to defraud. It’s all here in black and white and already in the Google cache.

morgs
    Free Member

randomjeremy – how is it conspiracy to defraud? is the similar PSA: cheap XT brakes conspiracy to defraud? if I bought something at a good price anywhere and tell people about it, is that conspiracy to defraud?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

The cheap XT brakes “PSA” was just that, bargain brakes.

This time though with the “free” rotors:

1: Any reasonable person knows the price is a mistake, yet you order anyway
    2: You know the transaction will cost the supplier time and money, yet you order anyway
    3: You encourage others to do the same knowing that this multiply the costs to the supplier
    4: You imply that you would go and physically threaten the supplier if they don’t deliver / refund

Also I know it’s all tongue in cheek but:

5: Someone suggested going to the shop with weapons
    6: Someone else made a fake account pretending to be Dave Hinde

The supplier could well have a case is all I’m saying, you know how litigious some people are thesedays! 🙂

grum
    Free Member

I ordered Oakleys for 90-odd quid, less than half the usual RRP, but still a significant amount. The fact that they gave them to me FOC was a massive bonus, but 90 quid is still a lot of money for a pair of sunnies, I just assumed they were slashing prices to make way for new products or something like that.

Really? Pretty sure most people were aware the prices were a mistake judging by that thread. Seems strange to me that Oakley would honour orders from ‘valued customers’ who were basically out to rip them off.

As above – no better than the looters! 😐

Re the rotors – I’m amazed that people are even trying this – especially with DH’s reputation. Madness. 😕

edit: randomjeremy – also, isn’t people calling him a ‘crook’ and a ‘shyster’ libellous (or slander or whatever it is). I don’t have much sympathy for the guy at all – although I’ve ordered from him without issues before I knew his rep.

jam-bo

just an aside, how does it cost £9.99 to post a rotor?

nonk
    Free Member

random +1

RealMan
    Free Member

Jealousy is such a terrible thing.

hilldodger
    Free Member

grum – Member
    I’m amazed that people are even trying this – especially with DH’s reputation. Madness.

Agree, I certainly wouldn’t give my contact and card details to an allegedly unscrupulous trader.
    But then greed does often seem to get in the way of common sense doesn’t it 😆

nonk
    Free Member

Jealousy is such a terrible thing.

you shut uo you daft fek the vueltas on yknow , speaking of which big day today dyou reckon wiggins will show?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

grum – Member
    Really? Pretty sure most people were aware the prices were a mistake judging by that thread. Seems strange to me that Oakley would honour orders from ‘valued customers’ who were basically out to rip them off.

At 90 quid, Oakley would NOT be out of pocket. We’re talking about a product that costs pennies to make. I’d have been happy enough if they’d honoured the order at 90 quid, but doe to lots of internal problems with credit card deductions etc, they chose to give them away FOC as a good will gesture.

And the title of that thread was something to do with Oakleys being “a bit cheap”, not free! Muppet. 🙄

RealMan
    Free Member

you shut uo you daft fek the vueltas on yknow , speaking of which big day today dyou reckon wiggins will show?

Not following the Vuelta, couldn’t be bothered with it as I’ve got a fair amount of other stuff going on at the moment. Have heard sky are doing well though, which is nice.

grum
    Free Member

And the title of that thread was something to do with Oakleys being “a bit cheap”, not free! Muppet

I never said anything about people thinking they would get them for free, ‘muppet’. I read the thread though, and many people were commenting that the prices were a mistake. If you saw someone drop their wallet would you take half the money out before you gave it back? 😉

Personally it doesn’t really bother me with a big company like Oakley who can clearly afford it – I just don’t like hypocrisy.

wwaswas

speaking of which big day today dyou reckon wiggins will show?

isn’t it a rest day?

aracer
    Free Member

also, isn’t people calling him a ‘crook’ and a ‘shyster’ libellous (or slander or whatever it is).

It’s only libel if it’s not true 😈

GlitterGary
    Free Member

This is not going to end well for anyone.

nonk
    Free Member

arse your right it is a rest day : big day tomorrow.

robsoctane
    Free Member

I hope that after what I’ve heard reference David Hinde’s ethics & down right cheek, he is boycott by all. Could we make this happen?

Everyone seems to be of a similar opinion, he deserves it in my mine, which counts for a lot. 😉

ScottChegg
    Free Member

People should boycott DH, but instead he carries on by being cheap. You do get what you pay for, in his case appalling service and disgusting attitude.

Cheapness beats all, it seems. 🙁

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Especially when the Stw vultures descend.

jam-bo

Cheapness beats all, it seems.

Seems to be working for superstar as well.

aracer
    Free Member

I hope that after what I’ve heard reference David Hinde’s ethics & down right cheek, he is boycott by all. Could we make this happen?

The existence of this thread would suggest not.

Mowgli
    Free Member

So have any of you chased your refund yet? Good luck…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So have any of you chased your refund yet? Good luck…

In fairness the posties not been yet, they might all have new rotors!

letmetalktomark

Mine have just arrived ……

aracer
    Free Member

😆

clubber
    Free Member

letmetalktomark – Member

Pics (rotor and DH paperwork and packaging) or it didn’t happen 😉

letmetalktomark

clubber – Member

letmetalktomark – Member

Pics (rotor and DH paperwork and packaging) or it didn’t happen

No paperwork 😉

bongo136
    Free Member

Hmmmm. Not sure to believe this 🙄

clubber
    Free Member

Franking mark or courer label or similar on the box then 🙂 I won’t believe it until I see it 😉

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I believe it.

letmetalktomark

clubber – Member

Franking mark or courer label or similar on the box then I won’t believe it until I see it

Came RM in a box not dissimilar to CRC – you can see it in the background of the pic.

Just std postage paid franked label. 😉

cp

back from the powdercoaters??

ir_bandito
    Free Member

and how much was the postage? £9.95?

montylikesbeer

clubber
    Free Member

cp – Member
    back from the powdercoaters??

Nail. Head (except it’s clearly been sprayed) 😉

Good try though

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Free hope floating rotors’ is closed to new replies.