Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • PSA for beer lovers – Saltaire Brewery "Kala" Black IPA
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

… is rather wonderful.

not as good as wot I make, but bloody good anyway!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I quite like their Triple Chocolate

Still not made it down on a Friday evening for beer club…awful as it looks, and the prices are shocking too at £2 per pint

Sancho
    Free Member

love the place!

and the beer lol, I’ve organised free saltaire brewery beer for the Transition demo at Stainburn on the 23rd of next month

Stoner
    Free Member

does it travel?

*adds “Saltaire” to fantasy tour list*

Stoner
    Free Member

IT’S IN **** YORKSHIRE!
    THAT’S A LONG WAY TO GO FOR A PINT.

*scratches off list*

matthewjb
    Free Member

IT’S IN **** YORKSHIRE!
    THAT’S A LONG WAY TO GO FOR A PINT.

It’s next to the train station. Very convenient.

does it travel?

Bottles are available. Not sure how far south they get or if we let them over the border.

Simon

[Quote]and the beer lol, I’ve organised free saltaire brewery beer for the Transition demo at Stainburn on the 23rd of next month[/quote]

Boo! That’s a Thursday, otherwise I’d be there, bikes, beer and Stainburn are three of my favourite things.

Stoner
    Free Member

Never seen it down here, but then I doubt you’ve had a Wye Valley bitter up there either!

I think I win 😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

I quite like their Triple Chocolate

I believe I have the recipe “nailed”

Sancho
    Free Member

we’ll be there til about nine Simon if you just fancy a beer

Stoner
    Free Member

John – I still have one of your recipes pinned to my corkboard in front of me now. It’s on my to do list, I promise.

And you are certainly the go to guy on here for beer related stuff!

john_drummer
    Free Member

@Funky Dunc: went into Saltaire Wines tonight; great choice of ales but F*** Me the prices!!!

john_drummer
    Free Member

John – I still have one of your recipes pinned to my corkboard in front of me now. It’s on my to do list, I promise.

And you are certainly the go to guy on here for beer related stuff!

[blushes] I hope it’s the Celebration Ale recipe 😉 It’s fantastic. Can’t claim it’s one of mine though, I got it from Brewmate.net

Did a demo BIAB brew at my LHBS 2 weeks ago, took a couple of samples… very well received… will be doing more demos every 2 months…

Stoner
    Free Member

*sips rum, nods approvingly, thinks of mash*

trout
    Free Member

Which brew shop would that be John

john_drummer
    Free Member

Morley Home Brew, south Leeds

trout
    Free Member

Cheers , Was hoping for one nearer to Silsden

but can get grains and yeasts from http://www.Barleybottom.com in the village

djglover
    Free Member

A non Yorkshire based Black IPA, stunning, sampled in Heathrow T5 on Wednesday

http://www.conwybrewery.co.uk/12.html

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’m in Baildon (half a mile as the crow flies from Saltaire Brewery), trout, give me a shout if you need any help or advice: you can find me on http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/index.php & message me through there – same userID

I do my brewing in the Brew In A Bag style – a lot quicker than the traditional three vessel method.
    helpful video here:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfi86yzhPvw[/video]

I just bottled the Amarillo Amber ale that I brewed 2 weeks ago at Morley Home Brew but I’m not hopeful – I think it’s infected 🙁
    I’ll crack one open in a couple of weeks & see where it’s at.

Meanwhile, I’m brewing again tomorrow, I have a recipe for Thornbridge Jaipur that I’m going to give a try

djglover – that hop combination sounds lovely, I do like Cascade in my beers. I’m very partial to American IPAs at the moment. and stouts, and porters.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Saltaire do Stateside IPA with Cascade hops as well as their standard lower abv Cascade.

scaled
    Free Member

The saltaire blonde that they do was what got me off the lager. One of the menu thing to thank my late cousin for.

john_drummer
    Free Member

yeah I had a Stateside last week. OK but mine is nicer 😉

I do like their Raspberry Blonde though

sturmey
    Free Member

I have been known to combine a friday night ride round shipley and baildon to end at the brewery for a few then wobble along the tow path back home to Rawdon I used them for my brothers stag weekend refreshments at Lumley Fee near Brigsteer.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Had a couple of pints of this in the local last night Yum Yum

Definitely the best so far!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Had a couple of pints of this in the local last night Yum Yum

Definitely the best so far!
    Ooh, that looks interesting! Where’s your local?

john_drummer
    Free Member

It does look interesting. Do tell, are you Baildon-ish?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The Bull in Baildon, a full 5 minute walk from my house. Apparently going quick though! 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

I know that one. Might have to pay a visit, shame about the climb up Browgate

johnny

They do let it out of Yorkshire- it was highly in demand at the Reading beer festival the other week!
    I enjoyed… 😀

jaylittle
    Free Member

They usually have some pretty potent ciders on offer too at the beer club….

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘PSA for beer lovers – Saltaire Brewery "Kala" Black IPA’ is closed to new replies.