Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sherwood pines. Any good?
  • ste1284
    Free Member

Thinking of heading to Sherwood pines over the weekend as cannock is closed!

Anyone know what the snows like round there and is it worth it?

Cheers

Conan257
    Free Member

No snow, but it’s all rideable with some mud and plenty of puddles…

monkeychild
    Free Member

Was there yesterday it’s all rideable. Unlike a shonky wood near Rutland water!!!

ste1284
    Free Member

What kind of riding is it mostly? XC??

What are the downhill runs like?

iain1775
    Free Member

Yes all xc
    Downhill runs are verging on being uphill 😉
    They are definitely not downhill, the kitchener trail is nothing that can’t be done on a single speed cyclocross bike!

Conan257
    Free Member

Was that Wankerley woods, MC?

fathomer

Conan257 – Member

Was that Wankerley woods, MC? Me and the other half went last ‘summer’ and both thought it was shocking!

colournoise

Wakerley is still in pretty rough shape, but things should be being worked on very shortly (unless its been put back again). Last I heard plan was to turn it into an even shorter, but surfaced, blue route. Here’s hoping for something nice and flowy. There is some decent alternative riding in that area but if I told you where it was I’d have to kill you.

Sherwood is decent enough for some fast XC fun and is pretty well drained these days except for a couple of sections. The jump park is good for a laugh and the new ‘downhill’ area is actually pretty fun if short and non-technical.

monkeychild
    Free Member

The bike park is dry and is good fun; I even got airborne on my el mariachi 😀

Wankerley woods is somewhere I don’t intend to revisit. I can’t imagine it being good in the dry. At least pines has some length to it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood pines. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.