• This topic has 50 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Andy.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • PSA DT XM1700 wheels crc
  • benos

Does anyone know what the difference is between the two versions they’re selling, the ones with and without “Spline 30” after “XM 1700”?

The Spline versions are 27.5 only, but non-spline versions are both 29 (now sold out for the rear) and 27.5.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Could be spoke count and/or straight pull vs J bend

(by choice I’d go 32 J bend but have no problem buying 28 straight pull from DT especially at the price)

Just took a look. If you are comparing what I think you are looking at then I don’t know as the description says Spline even though the title doesn’t. Could be the exact same thing. Unfortunately sometimes CRC product descriptions are a bit flakey

Rich_s

Spline = microspline freehub

Other ones are xd.

benos

Thanks! Luckily the front 29 is now sold out and the UPGRADE code didn’t work on the 27.5 rear.

I really didn’t need another pair of wheels for a frame I haven’t bought yet. There’s a box in my office with the unmounted HX 1501s I bought last year 🤣

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

The  spline version has absolutely nothing to do with microspline so that’s miss information

It denotes the hub difference spline is a 2 piece hub which they bond together after machining the 2 parts to make it marginally lighter

It’s OK for trail riders or lighter riders but stay away if your north of 75 kg or like pie’s

chiefgrooveguru

Thanks! Ordered yesterday and already here! These are to replace the wheels that were on my base model Levo for a few years and then on my Moxie for the last 18 months (I’m amazed they’re still in one piece!) I’d been planning to get some XM481 on Hope hubs but wasn’t sure on spoke count. This has saved a load of thinking and even more money!

I’ve got EX511 on Hope with 32 spokes on the Levo so I think these should be good on my 160mm hardtail – probably with inserts because I don’t like worrying about dents or pinch flats.

Rich_s

The specs on crc show the only difference is the freehub as far as I can see. Both based on a 350 hub, so not sure where that info about two halves is from. Any pointers?

Andy

Each wheel name usually includes either ‘Dicut’ or ‘Spline’. This refers to the interface between the hub and the spoke. Here’s DT Swiss’s explanation:

Dicut DT Swiss’s lightest, stiffest and most aerodynamic hub and spoke system, aimed squarely at competitive road and track riding where speed is the overwhelming priority, uses custom Nailhead spokes that can hold much higher tensions.

Spline DT Swiss’s classic straight pull system, a great balance between stiffness, comfort, low weight and easy serviceability, ideal for everyday road or mixed terrain use and uses readily available standard straight-pull spokes.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Google suggests SPLINE just means straight pull spokes are used (an abbreviation of straight pull line I suppose)

Edit: beaten to it ^ too slow on the google

benos

Thanks all. So maybe the only difference is that one is XD and 6-bolt, and the other is Microspline and CL. The RRPs are different which also threw me.

Andy

Edit: beaten to it ^ too slow on the google

yeah but you were quick with the code which is what counts!

I suspect they are the same wheel, maybe with different freehub. Maybe stock brought in at different times, hence slightly different descriptions. But who knows!  CRC seem to be experts at having the same item listed several times at the moment eg M6100/m6120

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.