• This topic has 50 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Andy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • PSA DT XM1700 wheels crc
  • johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Just ordered a set of these for £310. Seems pretty cheap to me. 350 hub on an EX471. Bargain. You have to order the wheels separately and they are XD driver only though.

John

devash
    Free Member

Really decent PSA.

nixie

HWYABX00S3745S for the HG freehub. Makes it slightly less of a bargain when you see the cost of that kit :D. https://www.dtswiss.com/en/support/product-support?matnr=WXM1700TEDRSA11567

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Are they not XM481 rather than EX471 rims? Still a good deal but they are 30mm rims (wider) and a bit less robust than the EX471, probably suit most though..

nixie

I think they are XM481 as well.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Apologies, XM481! Too many numbers and letters going on! Yeah the freehubs are silly money but hoping someone might have a spare HG kicking around that they might want to get rid of or swap. Can always sell the xd on.

squealer
    Free Member
    honourablegeorge

XM481 on those, rather than EX471, but yes, great deal.

breninbeener
    rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Yes the Merlin one fits boost

HobNob
    Free Member

I have an old DT Swiss HG freehub I’d swap for an XD Driver if you want.

nixie

For HG you also need to swap the end cap. I’ve a spare freehub but not end cap.

northersouth
    Free Member

I bought these a few months ago when the same offer came up. Holding up great. Fairly quiet too – doesn’t sound like a load of bees following you. My pair in 29in Boost weighed 1.87kg.

Bought an MS freehub and endcap for £50, then sold the existing XD on ebay for about £40. It’s quite cheap to make these wheels match your cassette.

Freewheel are the UK distributor for DT Swiss – they were really helpful on the phone explaining with parts to get.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Cheers hobnob. I’ve messaged you. Thanks for the offer also nixie!

nixie

@northersouth respectfully I doubt that weight is accurate. The list weight of the lighter centre lock set is 1971g. My 240s exp on the same rim with lighter spokes come in at 1872g and those hubs are a fair bit lighter.

Freewheel == Madison

solarider
    Free Member

I was about to buy a pair of 350s hand built onto XM471 with DT DB spokes. Basically exactly this spec. Best price I could find was £550ish. Makes these a bargain even with the cost of a new freehub.

I think that the Merlin link is the wrong freehub for these wheels. It’s the one for the 370 hubs (or at least that’s the one in the picture).

nixie

I think the merlin link is the right product as the description is definitely ratchet. However the pic does appear to show the start of LN after ratchet. Text makes not mention of LN which makes me think it’s the correct part.

Yes it’s a great deal for these wheels.

squealer
    Free Member

The merlin freehub definitely fits the ratchet hubs, I bought one a couple of weeks ago for a set of 240’s.

Duane…
    Free Member

Any thoughts on how these would hold up compared to the E1900 (DT’s budget enduro wheel) I’m currently running but are needing replacing? My local trails are Golfie, Inners etc. Thanks

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Depends how hard you are on wheels.

I killed an XM481 on my second ride at Thornilee with a Nukeproof insert in. So for the rear I am now much happier on EX471 and EX511 and a better insert.

They are pretty robust it just depends how clumsy you are- I think I was just unlucky.

HobNob
    Free Member

@northersouth respectfully I doubt that weight is accurate. The list weight of the lighter centre lock set is 1971g. My 240s exp on the same rim with lighter spokes come in at 1872g and those hubs are a fair bit lighter.

The list weight of them is 1895g? DT are usually pretty much spot on when it comes to their wheel system weights in my experience.

Bear in mind they are 28H wheelset.

As for their durability, the hubs are pretty much bomb proof, the rims I would say have been probably the most reliable I have ever used. I built a set in 2017 which had 3 years of racing on them, including 6 or 7 EWS’s, a month in Canada & god knows how much other stuff & they looked wrecked, but were still straight, very little in terms of dings & just kept rolling. I ended up putting them on my ebike & used them on it for another 2 years before the back wheel started to crack around the eyelets.

I reckon they probably did 500,000m of descending in total.

Before that, I broke a lot of carbon wheels. So these have been stronger, more reliable, not really any heavier & IMO, they ride better than carbon too.

nixie

Yeah you’re right, I looked at the ex version 🤪. Back in my box.

Duane…
    Free Member

Thanks all, will take a punt on this. Have bought the rear wheel and the Shimano Micro Spline freehub from Merlin. Does anyone know the part code of the XD Driver and end cap that I’ll be removing from the wheel? Will be sticking it on ebay shortly! Thanks

chakaping
    Free Member

The list weight of them is 1895g?

Is that the 6-bolt version?

I really shouldn’t, but…

andyg1966

36T engagement is a negative these days.

davosaurusrex

Anyone know if a steel freehub from the Hybrid series would fit these? I have the H1900 on my Mondraker ebike but the rear wheel is falling apart. Had HX1501 before which were superb but can’t find any good deals on H1700 or 1501 so tempted to give these a try

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Wow, mine have already turned up! Less than 24 hours after ordering. Just need the other driver and good to go, my existing hunt wheels can go on my partners ragley marley she just ordered so everyone’s a winner!!

nixie

Does anyone know the part code of the XD Driver and end cap that I’ll be removing from the wheel?

Xd driver kit is HWYAAL00S3188S according to https://www.dtswiss.com/en/support/product-support?matnr=WXM1700TEDBSA13806

northersouth
    Free Member

This one should fit (convert to MS)

But it is steel instead of aluminium – heavy but much more durable. Good for emtb?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275567867233

Duane…
    Free Member

Nixie – thanks!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

@davosaurusrex

29? I am probably selling my HX1501 if they are of any intrest, about 260km on them but the e-bike has been sold.

davosaurusrex

Yep 29. Drop me a DM please

chakaping
    Free Member

Well I was swithering, thinking that’s a great price and they’re awesome wheels – but I’ve got some really good rear wheels so can I justify a new pair?

Then I remembered they’re selling individually so I can just buy a front (where I think the XM481 28h will work really well) 😀

So thanks for that OP.

Rubber_Buccaneer

An extra 10% off with code UPGRADE

I couldn’t help myself

nedrapier

An extra 10% off with code UPGRADE

Aw, piss, missed that! I did save £30 because the LBS let me have a slightly scored HG freehub body for a tenner. Thanks Ben.

Fitted yesterday. Hub noise is ASMR compared to the rasp of the Hunts!

Hunt Trail Wides for sale! Would suit some who likes a fast pick-up (2x these DTs) and a louder hub.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Uh what? Gutted I missed an even better deal!!! Also, anyone with a spare HG driver that they want to sell/swap for an XD then feel free to PM me! I’m going to ask my local shops as well.

nedrapier

Well, they’re sold out now, so you might have missed out if you’d hung on.

spacey

I got lured in by that extra 10% off, but then failed to spot where the code went. Hey-ho, still great price.

Also on the look out for a HG driver…

nedrapier

Also on the look out for a HG driver…

Def worth asking – You’d think there’d be a few around in drawers about the place, post 12 speed upgrades.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.