Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • PSA- David O’Doherty C4
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

He has a cycling series on C4. Pootling around with other comedians on his bike.

First episode on 4OD. Easy watching.

Poopscoop

Saw the ads, might be a nice bit of escapist tv during these long nights.

longdog
    Free Member

We really enjoyed it 👍

MoreCashThanDash

Wasn’t sure how it would be as I find him a bit hit and miss, but not heard anyone say they didn’t enjoy it, so I’ll add it to the list to catch up on

kelvin

On 4seven now.

supernova

Just watched it. Nice easy viewing, with bikes. All good.

zippykona

Imagine being beasted by Richard Ayoade, the shame!

ElShalimo

That was great

ElShalimo

Did anyone else notice that David’s bags all seem to be Restrap?

pondo

Tidy, cheers. 🙂

swdan
    Free Member

Did anyone else notice that David’s bags all seem to be Restrap?

No but I did noticed they were thanked in the credits

slackboy

In the same vein I caught an episode of Roaming in the Wild on iplayer where two friends cycled from John O Groats to Cape Wrath.

Gentle programme with great photography – two series worth of this stuff:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0008n9j/roaming-in-the-wild-series-1-1-over-the-moor

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000bks6/roaming-in-the-wild-series-1-3-corner-to-corner

colournoise

Enjoyed it – it’s basically Paul and Bob Go Fishing but on bikes…

Suspect the upcoming Grayson Perry episode won’t be quite so genteel?

longdog
    Free Member

Enjoyed it – it’s basically Paul and Bob Go Fishing but on bikes…

Exactly how I described it to a friend. Food for the soul.

kayla1
    Free Member

Thoroughly enjoyed here too! Richard Ayoade’s legs!

jimdubleyou

Thanks for the PSA, that was most enjoyable 🙂

nedrapier

Cheers! Enjoying it. The ads soil the easy-going flow, though, don’t they?

I chose not to correct that typo.

What Raleigh is David on, do we reckon?

MoreCashThanDash

Very easy viewing, and very Whitehouse and Mortimer. The ads are annoying though.

MrsMC is a Sussex girl and her grandad worked on the building of the power station at Dungeness, so nice familiar scenery

IdleJon

I’m going against the flow here but I thought it was rather boring. I found David slightly irritating, and they didn’t have the easy rapport that W+M have. It felt too forced for me. The fact that they are on bikes should be interesting for me, as an avid cyclist, but there was basically no mention of the mode of transport, where they were, what they were doing. It was just a slow paced, slightly awkward interview in nice scenery. I don’t think there’s enough to make me carry on watching.

ElShalimo

..but they are two slightly awkward, quirky people.

zilog6128

I enjoyed it – never heard of the main fella but thought he was good; Richard Ayoade is great obviously! Also it was somewhat local to me so recognised a lot of the locations. Need to watch it again more closely & figure out where that caff is as it looked good 😃

MoreCashThanDash

I’m going against the flow here but I thought it was rather boring. I found David slightly irritating, and they didn’t have the easy rapport that W+M have.

That was my worry – they both play that socially awkward persona which can grate with me a bit, but got away with it this time.

I think some of the other guests will be much better, especially Grayson Perry

lunge

Very easy viewing, and very Whitehouse and Mortimer. The ads are annoying though.

Agree. Though the ads are easily dealt with by watching it on catch-up which is what we did.

wait4me

They deserve some kind of award for stringing out a 20 mile ride over a billiard table for two days!

Nice enough TV, but may have been better as a 30min show, just to stoke up the tension 😂

IdleJon

..but they are two slightly awkward, quirky people.

Yes, obviously, but it’s not going to work well for everyone. It didn’t for me, despite loving what Ayoade does.

rOcKeTdOg

watched it before work this morning, definately my kind of riding and Ayoade does make me laugh so really enjoyed it. and I liked the gloves

niceandy
    Free Member

Agree with IdleJon on this one. I wanted to like it, but found it dull and not that funny.

Clearly aiming to be a biking version of Whitehouse and Mortimer with the nice views and comic banter, but missing the soul and charm. Maybe with other guests there will be more chemistry.

prontomonto

I kind of agree, it was a little boring and awkward. I’m a big fan of David O’Doherty, and bikes, and when he talks obsessively about old bikes or the Tour de France on his podcast it is usually funny and interesting (but maybe a bit niche for mainstream telly). His interview with Paul Kimmage from last year is worth a listen – depending on your tolerance for Paul Kimmage.

Anyway I’m glad people generally liked the show and will be watching the Grayson Perry one for sure.

kelvin

Slow TV. I liked it as that.

tthew

What Raleigh is David on, do we reckon?

I thought it was an old Pioneer with drop handlebars mod.

john_l
    Free Member

Need to watch it again more closely & figure out where that caff is as it looked good

You weren’t watching closely were you, they must have mentioned Appledore about a dozen times ;o) Cake looked excellent.

DickBarton

The fishing one is different as the 2 people have a long standing friendship so already have great rapport and camaraderie between themselves. I think this biking one is different people each time so that long standing friendship thing may not be as strong.

ElShalimo

The latest one with Grayson Perry was good fun to watch

It’s on C4 catch-up now

MoreCashThanDash

Thought that one may gave a bit more to it, will watch tonight

longdog
    Free Member

Yeh we enjoyed it. A very different feel to the first one, but still great and a breath of fresh air in TV land for me.

wait4me

That climb out of Hay looked wonderful, definitely gone on to my to-do list.

Enjoying the show overall, just lacks a little something. Would have been more interesting to hear Grayson’s thoughts on the host wearing a Rapha lifestyle hoodie.

longdog
    Free Member

Yeh I thought I saw the rapha label earlier and then it was taped over later.

tthew

Already commented on the Guy Martin thread, but just as relevant here – 1 hour of Guy Martin followed by Grayson Perry, quite some juxtaposition! I think I’d like to see them do some telly together. 😁

Also like that jacket O’Doherty was wearing. This one I assume. Shame they’ve got none of the more interesting colour options left at the sale price. He must have been sweating like Prince Andrew at a Pizza Express birthday party wearing it all that first day though.

jimdubleyou

I think David would have less issues with his gears if he stopped dropping his bike on the derailleur!

See they didn’t bother covering up Grayson’s Nukeproof logo, wonder what they’ve got against Rapha 🙂

IdleJon

I think David would have less issues with his gears if he stopped dropping his bike on the derailleur!

The same crossed my mind as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘PSA- David O’Doherty C4’ is closed to new replies.