Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • PSA- David O’Doherty C4
  • tthew

Heh, +1 on dropping his bike. His throw wasn’t as good as David Millar either.

MoreCashThanDash

Finally got round to episode 2, excellent watching, mainly down to Grayson Perry I think.

rOcKeTdOg

Perry only had one volume, tranquil riding it is not

I had one of those Rapha Anoraks, it arrived with about 15 tears in the material. To be honest it was one layer “goretex” and was no where near the quality you’d expect for the £250 asking price. I paid £150 and that’s still more than it looked like it was worth. Rapha refunded me but avoid that jacket.

desperatebicycle

Blimey, just remembered I had this on my Sky box… After that, Grayson Perry is certainly not someone I’d like to spend a day on a bike with. No wonder Hannah didn’t enjoy his company on that interview.
    Oh and O’Doherty’s jacket/hat combo is Bleurgh 🤢
    Lovely ride though.

MoreCashThanDash

Last night reminded me it’s time we had a trip back to Northumberland.

rOcKeTdOg

The Mel episode is the worse so far. Would have been fine without the two of them and just an 45 mins of the scenery

supernova

I’m quite happy to spend 45 minutes watching people bimble about on bikes. It’s pleasant undemanding stuff.

kayak23

Wasn’t keen on the first.
    Not a fan of the nerdy bloke to be honest.

What really did for me though was in the cafe, David said ‘can I please get?’
    Sorry, but that phrase causes my skin to melt 😂

Just watching the Grayson one.
    Hmmm, he comes across as a bit of a dick too. 🤔
    Normally I’m a fan.

They’re certainly cycling a lot faster than they did with the nerdy bloke.

ElShalimo

I enjoyed the latest one but that’s probably because I’ve ridden most of that route and I love the area. It’s a great place to ride a bike.

si77

Grayson was probably just peed off that they were bypassing loads of fantastic mountain bike terrain.

longdog
    Free Member

I enjoyed the one with Mel too, but as above no doubt helped by knowing the area somewhat and having a crush on holy island since a kid. Walked there and cycled there, but not swam there yet like Robson Green did a while back.

I’ve really enjoyed them all for the easy entertainment they are.

el_boufador

Started watching the first one but it was too boring.

Grayson Perry one was ok but not brilliant. I thought Grayson came across ok. A little bit opinionated, a little bit loud and very much full of himself. However, that’s what you need on telly sometimes isn’t it?

I was more annoyed by the soppy beigeness of David O’docherty TBH

I’m not going to rush to watch the rest of them.

ElShalimo

Wasn’t it a different bike this week? I think it was a Bianchi

spacemonkey

I too disliked E1. I got the impression Mr Ayoade wasn’t really enjoying it and the whole episode was just padded out with dull non-bants.

Much preferred E2 because Grayson brought some much needed energy and enthusiasm that David fed off. Yes, he’s loud and and in yer face, but IMO he wasn’t offensive or OTT. He just seemed genuinely happy to spend a couple of faffing round with another funny bloke on bikes.

fasthaggis

I really like where they have gone for their bimbles,but I would never have guessed he was a comedian.
    Spacemonkey,I thought the same about Mr Ayoade,all a bit forced and slightly awkward .
    Grayson is always Grayson so that was almost ok.
    Putting big flappy bags on your feet to go through a ford was just pointless,stupid and not funny.
    I think Mortimer and Whitehouse could do a better show if they swapped the fishing rods for bikes and invited some of their pals to go for a cycle.

docrobster
    Free Member

Caught the second half of the Northumberland one live this week and enjoyed it mainly because it was recognisable scenery and people on bikes is always good. Found him a bit grating but I quite like Mel G.
    Watched the Grayson episode and enjoyed it more. I’m a big GP fan and thought he had turned up the opionatedness a bit too much. Liked the fact that he was on a mid 90s hardtail with 26er slicks v brakes and a steerer tube extender but still had fun and showed D O’D how to ride. Im sure I’ll watch the first one and any more that come out. Not as good as the fishing prog but similar vein as someone said

Houns

Enjoying them all so far, those commenting about DOD and RA mustn’t have watched much of their stuff before, most of their careers are based on being forced and awkward, I found this episode quite funny

MoreCashThanDash

Quite enjoyed the Joe Wilkinson episode, he was a bit calmer than usual.

Suffolk is definitely a place I want to explore by bike.

desperatebicycle

Yep, the Joe Wilkinson one had me smiling through the whole thing.

Onion lorry!

wooksterbo

I have only watched the first episode so far but I like both David O’Doherty and Richard Ayoade anyway. I found some of the real Richard Ayoade was on display here, very unusual for him to show that, it was subtle but definitely a little different compared to all of his other TV appearances. His books even read like his appearances on TV.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘PSA- David O’Doherty C4’ is closed to new replies.