Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • PSA – Crank Brothers Highline dropper for £140
  • rockandrollmark

CRC also have it for £150, but Wiggle have got better stock of different drops and diameters plus £10 of using code NEW10.

Seems to get good write ups and a bit more Gucci than the BX one (especially the lever)

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/crank-brothers-highline-dropper-seat-post/

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Very nice post and that’s a good price including the remote.

Superficial
    Free Member

Small bump for a price reduction, I just got one for £119.99 inc postage from Wiggle. 170mm, 30.9. Seems decent.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/crank-brothers-highline-dropper-seat-post/

matt_outandabout

Is this the usual CrankBros of style over durability?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Crank bros + moving parts = NO!!! 🙂

plus-one

I took a punt on one for my scandal. Really easy to fit/set up. Feels really well made and looks quality. Guess time will tell !

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah I had reservations about CB. But I couldn’t find any posts online who’d had any real trouble with these. There’s a long term review on here too, with only positive comments. Fingers crossed.

The packaging is really vague, CB do a 3 and 7 version of the highline with the 7 being far more expensive. Not sure what the difference is. I’m pretty sure this is the 3.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I’ve got three of these, including one on my new Scandal. I’ve found them reliable and also really like the remote. They can be a bit fiddly to set up but ok if you follow the instructions.

The difference between models is that the 7 has an IFP cartridge and the 3 an emulsification cartridge (whatever that is). The 7 also has a 4 year warranty and the 3 has 2, although it says 3 years on the box…

jler1985

I bought one around a year and a half ago, and not had a single issue. The quality Of the post is excellent, the remote is one of the best I’ve used. It’s a bargain at that price.

loum
    Free Member

Might get one of my CB Joplin post ever stops working.
    But it’s been faultless for about 10 years

damascus
    Free Member

4 year warranty on a dropper is brave! How good are they with their warranty? Do you have to service it every 4 hours of riding?

StuE
    Free Member

Best dropper I have used,apart from the Magura Vyron

mattbee

“Best dropper I have used,apart from the Magura Vyron”

Thats encouraging; I have a Vyron on my main bike and have just bought one of these for my Scandal ‘play in the woods’ bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

I fitted one to my most recent build a few months ago.

I was very sceptical due to their past reputation, but it was reported to have been deliberately over-engineered and came with a long warranty. And feedback from owners was good.

It has a very high-quality feel, better finish than OneUp and other mid-range droppers – closer to BikeYoke but with a caveat or two.

Done 600km on it already, still early days but a reasonable amount of use, and it feels barely broken in.

To those caveats I mentioned – it’s slow to return and the speed is non-adjustable. You can ride around this but it takes a bit of getting used to.

Also the lever, while nice, is quite stiff to push on my set-up, another thing you have to get used to.

I wasn’t thinking about these things until I jumped back on my big bike with an SDG Tellis post, which is super-smooth, fast and has a particularly light actuation.

Anyway, I’ve ordered another Highline, might as well at that price since I Have two 30.9 bikes.

corkblork
    Free Member

The packaging is really vague, CB do a 3 and 7 version of the highline with the 7 being far more expensive. Not sure what the difference is. I’m pretty sure this is the 3.

This isn’t the 3 or the 7, both of those are current models. This is the v2 (aka 2018 model) which is why it’s being sold cheap. I nearly went for it until I realised this because I needed the shorter stack height and insertion depth on the Highline 3. Ended up with a OneUp 180mm.

Superficial
    Free Member

To those caveats I mentioned – it’s slow to return and the speed is non-adjustable. You can ride around this but it takes a bit of getting used to.

I had read this and it was a concern for me when I ordered but happily it returns at the speed I had chosen for my Reverb; that is, slow enough that I can choose not to extend it all the way if I want. YMMV depending on preference.

Also the lever, while nice, is quite stiff to push on my set-up, another thing you have to get used to.

Yeah it is. Doesn’t feel as smooth as my Reverb but at least the lever is a great shape and very adjustable. I didn’t notice the stiffness whilst riding at all.

This isn’t the 3 or the 7, both of those are current models. This is the v2 (aka 2018 model) which is why it’s being sold cheap.

Ah that makes sense (well, it’s very confusing marketing but I think I understand). Yes, it is kinda long but I need that + plenty of room in my frame. People should measure to see how much post their frame can accommodate.

Superficial
    Free Member

Hmm. So (stock /size issues notwithstanding), should we order the older standard model or the newer cheaper model? Which is ‘best’?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Be aware that the newer model doesn’t come with the remote, which for me is one of the best things about the post. The remote is about £50…

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Another happy customer here – had a 125mm version for a couple of years and worked faultlessly for all that time, swapped it our for a One Up v2 and i can honestly say the crank brothers is a lot better than the one up, purely cable orientated no air pressure to worry about and worked like a dream.

Very easy to set up and straight forward to service too.

I have just brought another one for my new full sus build.

Reason they are going cheap is that CB are just about to release a new version.

plus-one

That v3 2020 looks like a cheap version ? Only 150mm drop.

scandal42
    Free Member

Just picked one up having read the reviews. Absolute bargain

Now I just need a new frame to put it in……

roach

Trying to decide between this or the Ascend?!

chakaping
    Free Member

Now I just need a new frame to put it in……

I’d suggest an Orange, they are 30.9mm stalwarts and their FS frames are very reasonably priced.

😉

Trying to decide between this or the Ascend?!

If you don’t mind a bit of a slower return, this is clearly a better product. And has a lower stack height if that’s an issue.

I had to replace an 170mm Ascend which I couldn’t get low enough, but the 170mm Highline is exactly right for me at full insertion on my Stage 4.

roach

Ok, cheers. It’ll be a spare for my P7 29 as I need to sort out the vertical play and rattle on my SDG Tellis.

Skyliner
    Free Member

Mine turned up yesterday, got it out the box and it’s covered from head to toe in some sort of dried contaminant. Looks like it’s been in a bukkake video. Email to Wiggle. Hopefully get sorted soon.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Mine turned up yesterday, got it out the box and it’s covered from head to toe in some sort of dried contaminant

My highline had a bit of that on it – cleaned off fine with a cloth and some gt85 and cycling the post a few times. I think they’ve been in storage for a while.

jamj1974

I ordered on on the basis of this PSA.

Arrived this morning, fitted this afternoon. Well finished and easy to install.

Replaced my faultless Specialized IRCC – as despite being in denial about longer posts, finally gave in and admitted that my 170mm OneUp on my other bike was less obtrusive.

Will try it on a slower than slow ride on Saturday.

scandal42
    Free Member

Mine turned up yesterday, got it out the box and it’s covered from head to toe in some sort of dried contaminant. Looks like it’s been in a bukkake video. Email to Wiggle. Hopefully get sorted soon.

Sorted? Do you want them to come round and give it a wipe for you?

Mine was the same, my solution was a paper towel and some cleaning fluid, it’s now sorted.

theboatman
    Free Member

As above ^ mine arrived the same. Unboxed the post, cleaned it and fitted to bike. Job was a good one.

fettlin

Same, arrived dirty so I gave it a clean with a damp cloth then a spray with brunox.

One of the joys of open style packaging!

chakaping
    Free Member

Mine has a light dusting of something or other.

Not cleaned it yet, shall I lick it first and see if I can tell what it is?

scandal42
    Free Member

Judging by the colour on mine I wouldn’t

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Judging by the colour on mine I wouldn’t

I thought that, they’re a nice post but not that nice.

jamj1974

I don’t know what perverted people you all are 😉 – but mine arrived and has stayed clean.

roach

Just fitted mine, seems a quality post but remote feels a bit flimsy and the lever has bit of play that I can’t take up.

fettlin

How are people getting on with these?

Used mine a couple of times and noticed this morning a score mark down the shaft. Undid the seal head and the score mark starts well below this line, to the point it looks like something inside the post body itself has damaged it.

StuE
    Free Member

Mines done about 2000miles and works the same as the day I fitted it

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I have 3 – all working fine. That score mark is a warranty matter.

fettlin

Yeah, contacted Wiggle to get the ball rolling today. Just interested to find out if anybody else has had any issues.

Shame really as its a really good post, better than the reverb it replaced! Hopefully gets sorted easily so I can keep riding.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Crank Brothers Highline dropper for £140’ is closed to new replies.