Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • PSA – cheap Worx Hydroshot.. AMAZON!
  • DrP
    YoKaiser
    Free Member

Cheers, got a strimmer with a couple of batteries during the summer and I’ve been waiting for these coming down again 👍

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cheers, got a strimmer with a couple of batteries during the summer and I’ve been waiting for these coming down again

What you gonna use it for, your bikes never get dirty!

jimdubleyou

I assume there’s no issues using a waterbutt as the water source for this?

kelron
    Free Member

Nope, you can use anything. The hose comes with a filter attached.

frogstomp

jimbubleyou – should be fine, the pickup hose has a filter on the end.

jimdubleyou

🙂 early xmas pressie then…

Ta

YoKaiser
    Free Member

What you gonna use it for, your bikes never get dirty!

Cars, motorbike and windys. Didn’t even think about the bike😬

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

How powerful are these?  Would they clear heavy clag and mud from a motocross bike?

DrP

^^ yeah, they are ‘almost’ as powerful as a jet wash…

I’m SO impressed with mine. This bundle has the foam sprayer too, so real easy to wash the car with it.

DrP

rone

Ge the 1 hour charger. The main charger that was bundled with mine takes about 4/5 hours.

kelron
    Free Member

Would probably work on fresh mud. It’s not so good on old dried on dirt, the main draw is the portability.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I got one a couple of months ago. Battery lasts just over 2 standard buckets, but the battery takes an age to charge with the standard charger.

It’s really decent though and the foamer you get works ace with bike cleaner  in it!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Brilliant bit of kit.

It comes with a small battery and a slow charger.  I reckon a generic 3AH  (Creebeast on ebay) battery is a better investment than the fast charger

thorpedo

I saw some of these reduced to £85 in B&Q last week

russyh
    Free Member

Been close to buying one of these a few times now! I’m going to resist again to prove to myself I do have will power!…who am I kidding

rone

It comes with a small battery and a slow charger.  I reckon a generic 3AH  (Creebeast on ebay) battery is a better investment than the fast charger

That could be handy. Ta.

You still need to charge it and will take yonks won’t it?

I’d have both.

“Creabest is a popular worldwide brand who has its own manufacturer providing a full line of power tool and vacuum batteries and chargers. 20 years of Research & Development and manufacturing experience makes us more professional on quality control, using experience and after-sale services. We now meet our customers directly and offer the best deal, please buy with confidence.”

PMSL.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

And if you use any of the cashback websites, you can get 4% through Topcahsback as well to knock another couple of pounds off.

DrP

The one i bought a year ago has teh battery with the LED indicator, and lasts EASILY 25 litres… easily….

But, i also have a few other Worx bits with 2 fast chargers and 3 batteries, so all is good!!

DrP

a11y

Had this on my wishlist for a while thinking my current Mobi washer wouldn’t last*, but it’s still going strong…

Aso they really are good then?

*jinxed that, haven’t I

rone

No comparison to those Mobi things of which I’ve owned 2 or 3.

I’m into my second winter with the Hydroshot.

BoardinBob

I’m assuming they’re clearing out the old 20v versions. Is the 40v one available yet?

Been using the 20v one for a while now and it’s great. I could wash three manky bikes at least out of a single battery charge. The ability to throw the hose into any water source is brilliant. Many a river used to clean off post ride. Power is great. A lot better than the self contained units I’ve owned in the past

a11y

rone, BoardinBob – thanks, good to know. Still on the wishlist then.

lovewookie

*not so stealth ad*

I’ve got one for sale if anyone wants one…:-)

brennak

Just used mine today to rinse off the caravan after washing brilliant piece of kit

Andy_K

Are the batteries cross compatible with any other brands?

DM52
    Free Member

are they any good at power washing the patio and driveway?  I have a couple of WORX battery powered tools but I am not sure on the true power of the hydroshot.

frogstomp

If you already have the batteries, the body-only is £62 on Amazon.. plus 9% Quidco cashback (Black Friday items).

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

are they any good at power washing the patio and driveway?

No, they’re ideal for bikewashing as they’re more powerful and effective than a hose (whilst using less water) but not so powerful they’ll rip off the paint or blow the grease out of your bearings.

For you patio you want a cheap mains powered one

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Got a mobi v17 and a hydroshot

The hydroshot will do two 25 lite drums for me before recharging and that’s plenty

It’s more powerful but not too powerful for bikes which is a good thing .register it and you get 3 years warranty

Massive downside is I can’t use it after night rides as the noise at 11pm after a ride isn’t ideal its very noisy compared to the mobi so I use that for the car for night rides and use the hydrodhot for home use .

The mobi is less hassle

rone

On Amazon for £86. Basic kit.

DezB
    Free Member

Argh, just spent my £50 credit on a new camera. Bugger 🙁

spawnofyorkshire

On Amazon for £86. Basic kit.

Not sure my bank balance will thank you for that little PSA

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘PSA – cheap Worx Hydroshot.. AMAZON!’ is closed to new replies.