Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PSA Castelli alpha Ross at crc..
  • tall_martin

Down from £300 to £175, but only in black.

I’m not sure if any jacket that expensive can be a bargain, but it’s a fair old saving.

I bought a perfetto a couple of years ago and it’s been great but I’d like it to be a bit warmer in the depth of winter. Hopefully this will be as comfortable to wear.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/castelli-alpha-ros-2-jacket/rp-prod200431?gs=1&sku=sku807148&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=base&gclid=CjwKCAjw5c6LBhBdEiwAP9ejG9_qN6hVYFA9kmvm6EhAbbPoncoYLTNYknkfQ_rpztFOqpmMiurP1BoC1HwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

tonyg2003

I have one and rode in it in the colder parts of last winter. It was great at keeping you warm on subzero days.

bonzodog
    Free Member

How do they size up?

I mean, is it the Italian XXXL = L?

tall_martin

I’ve got a 40″ chest and I’m in XL in the perfetto .it’s quite snug on my less than athletic belly.

So +1  compared to L rapha and morevelo jerseys.

plus-one

Oddly I’m a small in rapha/endura etc and small in castelli is fine 🙂

iainc

I have the previous version, in blue, great winter road jacket, and warm well below zero whilst keeping the rain out.

Wouldn’t buy a black road top tho…

continuity
    Free Member

Having had one, these jackets just aren’t as versatile as something like a perfetto (or, ideally, the first gen rapha pro team softshell when they ponied up for polartec power shield).

If you want it to be warmer put a better baselayer on. If you need temporary warmth put an insulated gilet on (again, here, rapha ahead of their time with the pro team insulated gilet in alpha direct).

They’re just too warm until it’s literally sub zero.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PSA Castelli alpha Ross at crc..’ is closed to new replies.